Thread: Oh my Gosh!!! I miss you all! Broken computer for months!!

Thanks

Default Oh my Gosh!!! I miss you all! Broken computer for months!!

Hello everyone!!
    It is so nice to see everyone still here. My last post was in Nov 2008 as my screen to my laptop broke and Staples refuses to honor the warranty I paid extra for...I cant afford to have it fixed right now.
    So much has happened since my last chat with you all. Unfortunately, I have gotten sicker, and finally got a really CLEAR Dx of lupus as I began spilling protein in my urine, hematuria, etc. Seeing a nephrologist now...I also have a NEW rheumie. Im going to the Lupus Clinic at Brigham and Womens in Boston, which is very advanced in clinical research, trials, etc. Soooo...some changes for me. Gosh, I REALLY could have used all of your compassion and knowledge over the last few months!! I was denied disability - hahahaha! I see an atty tomorrow - Praise God!! My mom was Dxd with lung cancer RIGHT AFTER my last post in NOV. Since then, it has been a loooong road, but I am so happy that Ive been able to take care of her. Her prognosis is good. She is currently cancer-free after having a lobectomy and having 2 ribs removed. Its been 9 weeks since her surgery and I am horrified at the pain she is in. But, there is a light at the end of her tunnel, Thank God.
    Rob, Saysusie, Oluwa, all my friends - I think of you all OFTEN...I can only borrow this computer for today so Im going to read posts to see how you all are doing. I pray for you - and all of us with this disease.
    I am now DETERMINED to get my computer fixed!! Ive been really caught up w/ Mom and my down time is really just that...DOWN as in - for the count! lol
    TO all of you who have joined since November - welcome, and you will not find more loving,
    TRULY caring people who also have a great amount of knowledge about this relentless disease. You will be so happy you found this site.
    OK - Bye, for NOW ONLY!! I really want to catch up on the posts and I need to get some other things squared away while I have a computer!!
    Love and blessings to all....I WILL be back! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Love, Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey there,

I was ready to send out a search party for you! It's so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear your Mom had lung cancer and all the hell that goes with it-very happy to hear she is cancer free. Sorry to hear you have Lupus for sure now, but I'm glad you have an answer. Don't let the disability issue go-good to know you have an attorney.

I thought of you the other day, my Dad was talking about your Grandfather, whom he used to work with. I'm coming down to Boston sometime in August, if you are feeling well, and nothing is going on, I'd love to stop in and say hello. My Niece works for the TSA at Logan, and lives in Boston now.

As for me, I have my good days, and bad ones. I started a new drug to help with the effects of MS. Been losing feeling in my feet-not good. Such is life. Anyway, get that computer fixed, and don't be a stranger!

Rob

Thanks

Hi you, Lauri...head hugs.

It has been a spell. Times I wonder when we don't hear from someone..you, I hope good things entered into their life..in remission enjoying life...

Then I wonder did they get lost in the new website transition. I felt I sent a befriend request to you, to help you find your way. I guess I didn't...I did just now..

I wish we could have found a way to be there for you...

I am so sorry things hadn't been very good for you...but with a new doctor a new place to be cared for at...seems all is on its way to being well...

Your Mom, I wish her wellness too and prayers for you both are coming from my way.

Look at the new format, was it like this the last time you were here? So many places to chat up, play games...even photo album section where we share our lives...love in every corner. We even have our own profile page...fill your's up.

Be well, Lori...I ask of Him...I ask for all of us. May God bless you even more.

See you when you can be here...hugs.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh hello and sorry to read of all the stress you have been going through.So glad your mum is on the mend and hope her pain eases very soon. Glad you managed to get here today and really hope you get your computer fixed soon. Sending you gentle hugs
    love
    Angel.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default Welcome back Lauri -

Glad you found your way back to the forum. So sorry you have been at war with IT. Sounds like you finally got to the right place for treatment and care. I am happy for you and wish you wellness every day.

As for your mom, I am truly sorry for her suffering. I went through a very similar surgery in December 2008. I understand her pain all too well. I found that resting while almost sitting up, with pillows all around to support me, seemed to help. As well, I purchased one of those travel pillows (that you put around your neck) and instead of using it as head support, I used it to prop up my side and to keep pressure off of that portion of my body that had suffered trauma from the operation (in my case, to keep pressure off of my right torso where the right lung had been operated on, where the ribs had been resected, and where the chest tubes had been placed). I am almost six months out from the surgery, and there are days when I still have to use this pillow. It is a long recovery, but she will make it, because she is in your loving hands.

Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the recovery, etc. If I can offer any support whatsoever, I would be happy to do so.

For anyone else reading this, sorry for the graphic info....I was just hoping this information might be of some help.

Take care,

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Glad you are back with us Lauri!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Hi Lauri,

I am one of the newer ones and hope that you can soon join us again, because you sound so nice and caring.

Debbie