Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swelling

Thanks

Default swelling

Hello! Does anyone have trouble with swelling of the feet and hands. I have really never had this problem before. I am not one to add salt to food but I know alot of food is high in sodium. Sometimes I can barely even get my feet into my sandals. I will wake up in the night and my hands will be numb and swollen. Thanks for your help! I hope everyone is having a good night.

Take Care, Deb

Thanks

I don't have it in my feet, but my hands swell and are numb to a point where they hurt. It has been going on for three days now and it is about to drive me crazy.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi tootles,

yes, swelling in feet and hands is a common agravation that many of us deal with. Have you had your kidneys checked? Swelling in the legs can indicate a problem with the kidneys, so don't ignore it.

I swell whenever i am in a flare or even just experiencing pain....i have always thought that the swelling was where the little antibodies were attacking something.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Possible causes....

Drugs can cause swelling, edema...Prednisone, NSAIDs....I do swell from these.

Sitting in one position too long....walking. I do when I do either.

Congestive heart failure. Kidney involvement...I have neither.

Dehydrated. I do swell when I haven't consumed enough fluids.

Arthritis. I have Lupus arthritis, causes swelling.

Processed food. I avoid, well about 97% of the time.

Lupus....I have causes inflammation, swelling...edema.

Table salt....I use Kosher Salt..half the sodium.

Hope this helps...

I would make an appointment to confirm there is no kidney or heart involvement.

I use Lasix, diuretic when I am swollen for two days....
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My hands and feet swell all the time. I just assumed it was the heat!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Default Thank you!

Thank you very much for all the information! I am so glad that I found this site. I will give me doctor a call in the morning. Hope you are all having a great night.

Deb

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh you know what.....i just saw this thread and giggled. Not because you have swellings.....but because of this.....

Ive not really ever suffered with swellings.So last wednesday i went to see my rheumi.I told him i am having major problems with cramping in my legs and feet and numbness.He said he would give me a pill that would help them stop.So,trusting him...i took it.Remember id had surgery the week before and was just getting back to normal.....Oh my....after i took the pill i started to swell.......and swell....and swell

My neck now is all in one with my face like monster woman
    Legs are double the size
    Knees....mmmm what knees...oh that fat swollen thing there lol
    Elbows are so big and swollen
    Even my chest and rib cage is swollen.

Oh sorry to nick the thread....but just had to tell ya. Normally no swellings that i can see....now....i am the ''SWELLING WOMAN''

I had an acute allergic reaction to the drug.Even stopped eating chocolate lol....until tonight.Pain meds kicked in and dont feel as sick now....so had a dose of white chocolate.MMMmmmm.

xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I am so sorry about your swelling Angel. What was the med that they gave you?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks so much but i'll be fine.It was Amlodopine...i only had 2 pills.....2 too many i know now lol.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Deb, I hope your swelling is getting better. It can be such a pain! How are you? I havent seen or heard from you for awhile! I hope you are feeling better! Angel, I hope things are going better for you too!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!