Thread: Finding Life Insurance

Thanks

Default Finding Life Insurance

Do anyone know where I can get life insurance that covers a pre-exsisting condition?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I do not know of any. I have been rejected by at least 5 companies because of my pre-existing illness. I only have life insurance because I took it prior to being diagnosed and they could not terminate my policy because of the diagnosis.
    If you find one, please let all of us know what company you were able to find

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie :lol:

Thanks

Default It depends

There are certain states in which you have to have insurance. I know that Indiana is one of them. I believe that there are about 5 of them.
    Good Luck
    Karen

Thanks

I automatically have life insurance through my employer. Are you guys saying that in the event something were to happen to me, my husband would get nothing because I have lupus? Because I do pay for it out of my paycheck. Please let me know so I can check into this further with my employer. Thanks.
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.

Thanks

Default NO!!

Your husband would still receive benefits if anything were to happen to you. I think what they are saying is that some companies offer life insurance up to a certain monetary value without a physical. If you want more than that, you need a clean bill of health. For example; I cannot get more than $75,000 in life insurance with my husband's company unless I pass a physical (like that will ever happen). I believe what they are talking about is separate life insurance outside a company.

Clear as mud, right?

Good luck,
    Karen

Thanks

Yes, employer provided insurance typically has no pre-ex clause. It won't cover you for things like skydiving, but pre-existing conditions don't matter.

Buying private insurance is different. THEY can reject you if they think you'll cost them money before they collect enough. Some will offer limited benefits for the first 2 years, then go to full benefits. If you can find one of those, go with it.

If you have employer insurance, they will offer you the ability to carry it over, ask them to carry the group policy at the group rate - they may or may not let you continue that rate, but WILL allow you to continue insurance without evidence of insurability. It may cost a bit, but it is insurance!

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up for me Chocolate and Hatlady...Whew! I was really nervous for a minute there! LOL. Of course I don't think it's right for them to discriminate against people for having a pre-existing condition if we were to go and try to get coverage OUTSIDE of the employer plan, but hey what can you do? I guess I just have to try my best to stay employed huh?.....And GOD willing I sure will. One of my biggest fears with lupus is having to go out on permanent disability. Because then you can't get anything through your employer, because you're not employed.. I just pray everyday to stay as healthy as I can in light of my condition. Take care!
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.