Thread: College Scholarships For Lupus?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default College Scholarships For Lupus?

i'm going to have to start looking into things like colleges and scholarships n' such soon...and i was wondering, are there any scholarships that we could get for having lupus????

and if so, do you know any sites i could look at??

thanks soo much!!

Ashley<3
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

Hi Ashley,

Take a look at this site: http://www.lifescholarship.org/

And there are some links to other sources here: http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...=180&zoneid=76

I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything. When are you graduating? Also, let you school counselor know you are looking for scholarships - that's how I got one of mine many years ago - I was an aide for the counselor's office and told all of them that I was looking for scholarships. One day an application came through in which the counselor had to recommend one student from the high school to apply, and he asked if I was interested. It turned out to be $1,000/year for up to 5 years provided I kept my grades up and met with the committee at the end of each year. Good luck - there are tons of scholarships out there, it's just a matter of finding them!

Edited to say I also found www.fastweb.com but you have to enter a lot of information before they give you info about scholarships. I don't know if it's legit or not, but might be worth checking out.
    Last edited by brandichi; 05-17-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: found another site

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow brandichi....very nice job. You provided some great information.

ashley, congratulations on your graduation....what day is the commencement? Where do you want to go to college, and what do you want to study?

Hooray, final exams are over and you are free.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i actually have one more year. haha but we need to start applying for colleges like at the end of the summer and such.
    but most of my work is done in fact, haha and i took the SAT's already and everything,

i want to study social sciences to become a social worker for children with diseases, especially autoimmune diseases. i wanna work at childrens hospital.

i want to go to Penn State... but i have a few other colleges in mind. all in PA
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you called the LFA. Maybe they could helphttp://www.lupus.org
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

GOOD IDEA Ashley!!!! Way to think ahead!!!! That IS some good info Brandichi!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette