Thread: What NaturalCures.com has to say;

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default What NaturalCures.com has to say;

"Lupus is a chronic inflammatory, autoimmune disease that affects the connective tissue. The cause is not well known. Certain drugs can trigger lupus symptoms that end when drug use stops. Those susceptible, can be triggered into lupus symptoms when exposed to certain environmental stresses.

Natural Cures: Avoid all dairy products and all polyunsaturated oils. Limit protein intake, consider juice therapy, reflexology, herbology, light therapy and oxygen therapy are all valuable tools. Work with a qualified health professional who works with cell therapy, chelation therapy, and magnet field therapy along with other available therapies."

-I post this information because this guy charges $30 for a book that doesn't have the answers it claims, but claims to have answers at his site which cost $40 for a mere 1 month registration. If you pay, you'll find that the "cure" for herpes isn't a "cure", but an effective treatment. The water filter he recommends isn't mentioned because he fails to mention it both times he alludes to it and the section with his personal recommendations is "under construction". Many of his claims appear to be bogus, or absent while the information othewise in his infomercial seem good. No one should have to pay ~$70 just for the above information, or anything I've seen on his site. His answer is a whole bunch of stuff or generalized solution you must do to become more healthy and fight off disease yourself.

Also, using google, or Yahoo search you should be able to find better solutions such as B-17 and cancer

The audio cd's can be found on the ed2k network, and perhaps the webpages will be as well. They'll probably also appear on nntp (newsgroups) as well. I'm sure he'll have no problem with this as he's so anti fda/ftc for thier "love of money", and lack of concern for people.

***UPDATED!

Definition: Lupus is a chronic, inflammatory, autoimmune disease that affects the blood and connective tissue.

Types: There are two main types of lupus. Discoid lupus erythematosus (DLE) affects the exposed areas of the skin and sometimes the joints. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is more serious and potentially fatal condition that affects the body's organs in addition to the blood and connective tissues.

Symptoms: Lupus symptoms vary according to the severity of the illness and the affected organs. SLE can strike abruptly, accompanied by fever and mimicking an acute infection. But it can also occur slowly over months, even years, exhibiting only sporadic episodes of fever and fatigue. Most people with SLE complain of pain in various joints that mimics arthritis, or in children it simulates growing pains. In adults, there is often a history of growing pains. Over time, muscular contraction may deform the joints.

Many patients also manifest rashes on their face, neck, upper chest, and/or elbows. In DLE, the rash starts as red, circular thickened areas that leave scars, most often affecting the face and scalp, and can also cause permanent hair loss. In SLE, there is a characteristic "butterfly-shaped" rash that occurs on the cheeks and over the bridge of the nose. Rashes in SLE patients do not scar and do not cause permanent hair loss.

Ulcers on mucous membranes such as the mouth and nose are also common. Swelling of the hands and fingers can occur, as well, as can sensitivity to light, kidney disorders, pleurisy (inflammation of lining of the lungs), pericarditis (inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart), iron deficiency, anemia, and high blood pressure. Swelling of lymph nodes is also common, especially in children.

SLE is considered as mild if the symptoms are mainly fever, joint pain, rash, headaches, pleurisy, and pericarditis. It is considered severe if it is associated with life-threatening diseases. Severe SLE requires immediate corticosteroid therapy, which can only be administered under a doctor's care. Since SLE is often chronic, with periods of improvement and relapse over many years, years of remission can occur in between periods of symptoms. This does not necessarily mean that the disease is gone. To be sure, you may need blood tests for antinuclear antibodies (ANA) and sometimes skin biopsies.

Note: According to the American Rheumatoid Association, four of the following eight symptoms must be present for a diagnosis of lupus: ANA antibodies in the blood, low white blood cell or platelet count or hemolytic anemia, joint pain in a number of joints (arthritis), butterfly rash on cheeks, abnormal cells in the urine, light sensitivity, mouth sores, and seizure or psychosis.

Cause: Food allergies (there is a 100 percent correlation between lupus and food allergies), rheumatoid arthritis, other connective tissue diseases, parasites, candidiasis, bowel problems, and digestive enzyme deficiencies can create symptoms that mimic or exacerbate SLE. Migraines, epilepsy, and psychoses must also be ruled out before a proper course of treatment can be decided upon.

Both forms of lupus primarily strike young women (90% of cases) and young children.

The drugs hydralazine, procainamide, and beta blockers can cause false-positive readings of SLE, and can also produce a lupus-like condition that disappears when the drugs are no longer taken. Birth control pills and environmental stresses can also exacerbate lupus symptoms.

Natural Cures

Diet: Eat an organic, whole foods diet. Also avoid overeating and limit your intake of dairy, beef products, and polyunsaturated oils. Also screen for food allergies and avoid all foods to which you are allergic or sensitive. Increase your intake of vegetables, especially green, yellow, and orange, and consume non-farm-raised fish several times a week.

Herbs: Supplementation with Swedish bitters with each meal can increase hydrochloric acid production. Also drink an infusion of nettle twice a day. Other useful herbs include echinacea, goldenseal, licorice, pau d'arco, and red clover

Hydrotherapy: Contrast hydrotherapy (alternating cold and hot water baths and/or packs) can help alleviate symptoms.

Juice Therapy: Drink the juice of carrot, celery, flaxseed oil, black currant oil, and garlic.

Nutritional Supplementation: Hydrochloric acid (HCL) deficiency is common in people with lupus, therefore HCL supplements with each meal is advised. Other useful nutrients include vitamin A with beta carotene, vitamin C and bioflavonoids, vitamin B complex, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc, essential fatty acids, proteolytic enzymes taken away from meals, digestive enzymes taken with meals, and the amino acids L-cysteine, L-methionine, and L-cystine.

Topical Treatment: PABA cream applied topically can help ease symptoms.

Alternative Professional Care If your symptoms persist despite the above measures, seek the help of a qualified health professional. The following professional care therapies have all been shown to be useful for treating Lupus: Acupuncture, Biofeedback Training, Bodywork, Cell Therapy, Chelation Therapy, Detoxification Therapy(LINK to Cleansing and Detoxification section), Environmental Medicine, Enzyme Therapy, Guided Imagery, Homeopathy, Juice Therapy, Light Therapy, Magnetic Field Therapy, Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Oxygen Therapy, Qigong, Rolfing, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Thanks

Default So he thinks that

Lupus is related to food allergies?:?

Who knew....all we had to do was drink juice and avoid dairy and we'd be cured.
    The Proverbs 31 woman didn't have Lupus.

Thanks

Amazing....That guy is SO convincing on those infomercials too...I do think there's a cure for Lupus somewhere out there...I just don't think he has a clue what it is....
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.

Thanks

I hope the above reactions aren't saying that this above advice has no value. Although I am pretty new to Lupus, I beleive there is a HUGE influence exerted by the foods we eat on the severity of symptoms. To me the fact that celiac disease is an auto-immune disorder in itself suggests a strong correlation there for some people. I dont think the "cure" is in that information, but I think there are some great tips to improving day to day life in those recommendations. I beleive a lot of little lifestyle changes can make a big difference, and we just need to find out what our triggers are and avoid them, and foods are likely a trigger for many of us. Dont beleive everything you hear, but we have to at least hear it. Good luck.
    Brent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganesha
    I hope the above reactions aren't saying that this above advice has no value. Although I am pretty new to Lupus, I beleive there is a HUGE influence exerted by the foods we eat on the severity of symptoms. To me the fact that celiac disease is an auto-immune disorder in itself suggests a strong correlation there for some people. I dont think the "cure" is in that information, but I think there are some great tips to improving day to day life in those recommendations. I beleive a lot of little lifestyle changes can make a big difference, and we just need to find out what our triggers are and avoid them, and foods are likely a trigger for many of us. Dont beleive everything you hear, but we have to at least hear it. Good luck.
    Brent
    I agree that there are a lot of little things that can make a big difference. The difficult part is that those "little things" are going to be different for everybody. We all need to experiment and figure out what works for each of us individually.

Thanks

I agree also that the "cure" is an individual thing...That's one of the frustrating things about this illness.....Although there are several common symptoms, the disease itself affects each person differently....Which I'm thinking is what makes the "cure" that much more harder to find...
    I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. I am now 29.

Thanks

I really dislike seeing something like this. I believe that with Lupus all avenues in relief and/or a cure need to be explored. Drug therapy alone isn't going to do it. Alternative therapies must work hand in hand with conventional therapies. The lupus patient must also un-learn old habits.

My family has a Bohemian background - this means a diet high in proteins and animal fats. One of the favorite dishes of some cousins is "dumplings and greasy water" - it's delicious but horrid for the body. My milk, cheese, beef, bacon and so on, have to be cut way down.

Snake oil salesmen are everywhere, but sometimes I wish they'd take their own cure and put a cork in it.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com