Thread: Smokers? Odd question.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Smokers? Odd question.

Hey guys, this is going to sound weird, but I'm gonna go for it any way. I used to smoke (age 12-16) then I quit, then I started again (20-22). I quit smoking again for about six months, and I basically only quit because my fiance wanted to know if I felt any better when I didn't smoke. I didn't feel any better, and I've kinda picked up smoking again, and I told my fiance today that I wanted to smoke again. He's very upset about it. He really doesn't want me too, and I know that many of you won't want me to either. I have quit easily several times before, but I really enjoy smoking. I just wanted to know if any of you who do smoke feel any worse/better when you do and/or don't smoke. I know this is probably the oddest question on here, but I TRULY enjoy smoking, and I want to do it again socially, not like a pack a day habit. I've really always been a social smoker any way, not excessive. Constructively, I would like to know what everyone thinks.

~Amanda

Thanks

Amanda...

I started this thread, about smoking.... a few days back...follow the yellow brick road...
    http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?t=6237

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adl011 View Post
    Hey guys, this is going to sound weird, but I'm gonna go for it any way. I used to smoke (age 12-16) then I quit, then I started again (20-22). I quit smoking again for about six months, and I basically only quit because my fiance wanted to know if I felt any better when I didn't smoke. I didn't feel any better, and I've kinda picked up smoking again, and I told my fiance today that I wanted to smoke again. He's very upset about it. He really doesn't want me too, and I know that many of you won't want me to either. I have quit easily several times before, but I really enjoy smoking. I just wanted to know if any of you who do smoke feel any worse/better when you do and/or don't smoke. I know this is probably the oddest question on here, but I TRULY enjoy smoking, and I want to do it again socially, not like a pack a day habit. I've really always been a social smoker any way, not excessive. Constructively, I would like to know what everyone thinks.

~Amanda
    As I am sitting here, reading your post, I have a cig lit on the ashtray. I can't answer your question if I feel better or worse, when I don't smoke, because I have never quit. I, like you enjoy smoking, of course a non smoker can not understand that. I don't know, if not smoking would make a difference, but I know that at age 5 I had hepatitis, at age 10 or so, I had rheumatic fever and at age 24 I had hemolytic anemia ( during pregnancy when I did not smoke), all these illnesses my doc thinks are from lupus. Of course I also did not smoke at age 5 or 10. But I think, if I develop lung problems, I would quit, because when you can't breathe, you don't want to smoke. But I would never promote smoking and if you are not hooked, you should stop while you can.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi amanda,

when first diagnosed, i quit smoking but felt no difference. My cousin lost a friend to lupus who smoked and she really wanted me to quit. I quit for awhile, still felt badly, lungs show perfectly healthy, and i have recently started back. I, like you, enjoy a cigarette every once in a while. One pack will last me about 3 or 4 days, i just enjoy one with coffee in am and a drink of scotch at night.

my boyfriend hates that i smoke, but he said with all that i fight each day, why not allow myself an occassional cigarrette so that i have at least one thing that i enjoy.

i am sure that i will quit and probably very soon, but for now, i just enjoy my cigarrettes.
    Phyllis

share a smile today