Thread: Lab test need help

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Lab test need help

I got my lab work back and need help with some of it.

P-ANCA was positive what is this?

Atypical pANCA pattern has been observed

PTT-LA was high 51.6
    ANA negative

Does anyone have Wegener's Granulomatosis

No lupus anticoagulant was detected, but in 2005 i was told i had a mild case of lupus. can this change and i have something else instead?

Autoimmune hepatitis?
    Complement C3, Serum high 186
    urine test still cloudy with 1+ abnormal occult blood which is what they are watching have kidney stone.

i cant to doctors until after the othe docs i have in june
    does anyone know what these test results mean do i have to worry?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Lab Tests Online: Welcome!

Im not sure but look on this site....should help you allot.xxxxxxxxx And dont worry....we will ry and help you.Im not feeling too good at the mo so carnt look it up for you...im all swelled up lol.You just have a browse and if you still dont know...someone will come and help soon so hang in there Gina....xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Gina...

ANCA are primarily associated and useful in diagnosing necrotizing granulomatosis and pauci-immune necrotizing vasculitis involving many tissues, including Wegener granulomatosis, microscopic necrotizing polyarteritis, systemic vasculitis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, drug-induced vasculitis, autoimmune hepatitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.

P-ANCA
    Perinuclear or P-ANCA are seen in Churg-Strauss syndrome, Kawasaki syndrome, Giant-cell arteritis, glomerular membrane basement disease, rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis, polyarteritis nodosa, inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease, primary sclerosing cholangitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and drug-induced vasculitis. About 17 percent of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, especially juvenile arthritis, show the presence of P-ANCA.

Atypical P-ANCA
    The P-ANCA seen in primary sclerosing cholangitis and autoimmune hepatitis have an atypical or incomplete staining pattern. In some laboratories, where atypical P-ANCA are reported, this information is useful in differentiating the autoantibody origin.

The PTT LA reagent is a PTT reagent with low phospholipid content optimized for detection
    of lupus anticoagulants. However, a prolongation of the PTT LA reagent can also be due to other causes
    (disfibrinogenemia, heparin, intrinsic factor deficiencies, or factor inhibitors). When a PTT LA is prolonged,
    then a PTT inhibitor screen (mixing study) is performed using PTT LA reagent, and if this shows an inhibitor
    then a phospholipid neutralization test is performed to determine whether a lupus anticoagulant is present.

Have you been ever treated for a UTI, urinary tract infection with cloudy urine and 2+?

Be well...
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Every time i go to drs. i have urniary track infection with no symptoms she give me levequin for it. now i have a kidney stone very small and couldn't get an appointment with urilogist until end of june new patient and i can't afford to miss work so taking last appt. of the day.

whats weired is i mark these test on lab work before i went she just wanted to check my vit d which is low now with folic acid which i take vit. for now. i should of just well enough alone. but she said last time ana was neg. so i check the box for a full lupus screening and this is what i got.

Thanks

Did you do a clean catch for your urinalysis?

Have you had UTI's and were they treated with Levaquin before you started to have Lupus symptoms? Had you taken Levaquin for long periods.

Levaquin may produce or exacerbate Lupus symptoms.

Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Are you drinking lots of water, 2 -3 quarts a day...because it could help you to pass the kidney stone through your urinary tract if it is small....did you doctor advise that?

Have you tried other antibiotics for the UTI..maybe it never fully resolved?

Love,
    Oh

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I drink water all day at least six glasses. have green tea in morning.

the uti's didn't have until after diagnoses of lupus like i said i go to drs for check ups she would do the test and show and uti give me meds. last one had no bacteria so she wanted to test blood and protein again so i did this one which was clean and had no protein just blood an bacteria. i don't even get the pain or fever like my daughter does when she gets them. maybe the labs are wrong?

Thanks

Gina..

Kidney stones could be the cause of the blood and protein in your urine if there is no bacteria.

When the diagnose of previous UTI, did they test for what type of bacteria. Certain bacteria required certain antibiotics to rid oneself of the infection? Or was it just a dip stick test or lab test?

L.
    O.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

First, Lupus patients are highly susceptable to infections!!! As such, patients with lupus erythematosus are at a much higher risk of developing urinary tract infections (UTIs) than is the general population. In a study conducted to determine the prevalence of UTIs in Lupus patients, it was found that at least 36% of Lupus patients suffer from UTIs (as well as other types of infections) and, in addition, there were a higher number of cases of complicated UTI in the lupus group - some requiring hospitalization.
    Escherichia coli was the most common causative microorganism in lupus patients with UTIs (60%). The researchers found no association between the onset of UTI and use of corticosteroids.
    So, Because lupus patients are highly susceptible to infection, we often have to deal with recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs). UTIs and kidney infections are the result of an organism/germ entering the body and infecting the urinary tract. Usually. UTIs affect only the urethra, bladder and ureters. Untreated, a UTI can spread upwards, affecting the kidneys. (Imprtant - Kidney infections shouldn’t be confused with lupus nephritis) Urinary Tract infections are usually treated with antibiotics, plenty of fluids and the old kitchen remedy of gallons of cranberry juice. (Which is extremely helpful in reducing the pain and discomfort!).

“Nephritis” means inflammation of the kidneys (much different from an UTI). When the dysfunctional immune system of the lupus patient creates antibodies that attack and damage the delicate cells of the kidney, kidney dysfunction and even kidney failure can occur. Unfortunately, the kidneys are prime targets for lupus, along with the brain, skin and joints. According to a Johns Hopkins study (1*), 50% of lupus patients will suffer from “clinically relevant nephritis." This nephritis will necessitate treatment ranging from medication and diet changes to dialysis or even kidney transplantation for the most serious cases.
    Kidney involvement in lupus can sometimes be very tricky to diagnose. Many times, lupus patients are unaware that they have lupus nephritis because they have no symptoms at all. Other subtle signals that the kidneys might be affected by lupus are easy to notice if you know what to look for: sudden weight gain, dark urine that foams in the toilet (a possible indication of protein or ketones in the urine), a sudden increase in blood pressure, or sudden swelling in the legs, ankles and feet.

I hope that this information has been helpful. Perhaps you can make sure that your doctor understands the predisposition of Lupus patients to infections and the prevalence of UTIs in Lupus patients so that he/she can take your UTI a bit more seriously. Especially given the fact that infections are the biggest cause of mortality in Lupus patients!!

I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks you two, but what about the other blood test still confused.
    the lab wrote on the test results to do follow up testing for wegener'granulomatosis,
    pANCA pattern has been observed in a significant % of patients with ulcerative colitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis and autoimmune hepatities.
    what this mean more test.

My family has history of liver problems grandfather and great grandfather had died from scherois but not to drinking. my aunt has half her liver removed because of tumor on it.

my ex-husband had hep C and was treated for it.

so my concern is do i worry now or just wait my dr. out until monday. an they just mailed a generic form to come into office to discuss lab test.
    my Complement C3 Serum high what this
    Sedimentate rate high
    c reactive protein high 13.1 i know what these are not the rest.

thanks for all your help.