Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been a long time

Thanks

I have been doing my research of fibromyalgia and appreciate your help on the information about the trigger points. I am suppose to see my rheum in a couple of weeks but I think I will see about going sooner. There was a change in weather last night (cold front with rain moved in) and my body hurt all over I couldn't stand to move in bed. Today I'm a little better but my one knee is so painful and my fingers hurt. I have more bad days then good days anymore.

My husband keeps telling me to quit my job and look for something else. I hate being a quitter but it may be time to stop working. There are just so many goals we have in our life right now and not working will really put us behinde and I think that could cause stress in our house. My husband if very supportive but at the same time he is goal oriented so it will be hard for him if I'm not working. I just want to be like I was 7 years ago in remission and able to do so much. Now I push myself through a day of work and when I get home my body shuts down and I become so sore. I'm just so frustrated! My life is so pathetic anymore.

Sorry, I'm just becoming increasingly frustrated that my quality of life has declined so much. I'm only 30 and I never imagined I would be where I am at yet. I thought in about another 10 years or so before I would have issues. My goals for this time of my life are so out of reach.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Hi Butterfly RN!!!! Sorry you dont feel well Hey, i know massages help ALOT!!!! I also KNOW from my own experience with it that accupuncture HELPS EVEN BETTER!!! Please give it a try!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!! I just wish insurance companies would acknowledge it as a necessary treatment and cover it! Its costly but even if you went once or twice a month you would get the benefits from it! Good Luck and i hope you feel better!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi butterflyRN,

loosing life as we knew it is one of the casualities of this disease. I think each of us has watched as our lives changed into something we had never been before. The sad reality is that we have to establish a new definition of "normal"

so sorry you are having a rough time. Thankgoodness your husband is caring and willing to change his lifestyle in order to help you. However, i can tell you that it is very difficult for an ambitious partner watch and understand when their mate appears to loose their ambitions. Hopefully, he will learn as much as he can about lupus, and will be able to accept the new you....you are still the woman he fell in love with and still loves, but it is often very hard for partners to sit by us and not be able to fix everything.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

You're sooo right Phyllis, especiallly since men are wired to WANT to FIX things. AHHHHH, the battle of the sexes in one way or another huh!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Thank you so much for your responses. The support all of you give means the world to me!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!