Wow, I just realized I haven't logged on to this site in over 2 years. I guess that's what happens when you start to feel better and the activities of life increase.

I've recently been struggling trying to get by everyday. Back in September last year I started with increased fatigue and some minor joint aches due to pushing myself a little too hard. In December I started to get this back pain in my shoulder blade area which I had a few years back during a huge flare. Since December it has increased and my whole upper back is so painful especially in the morning and at night. A few years ago they thought it was myofacial pain but I am starting to think I have fibromyalgia. Even the muscles in my upper arms are so painful it hurts sometimes to even lift them. This pain has continued for the last 4 1/2 months. My rheum last month did not feel that it was the lupus but muscle related. He started me on a low dose of lyrica because I have been dealing with throbbing pain. I will admit that it did help some because I was able to finally lay down flat with minimal pain.

After being laid off from my previous job I had to start over again in January. I started a new area of nursing and I am assisitng with surgeries. It started out great but they have been increasing the number of surgeries and it's taking a toll on my. I'm on my feet almost a full 8 hours. Also my feet have started to hurt on the bottoms. Not sure if this is related to the lyrica or not. I have developed ankle swelling from the lyrica too. I just don't know if I can continue in this job. I'm trying to find a new one but it's hard thanks to the economy.

Life is just miserable right now. My poor husband has to always hear me whine and I can hardly do any housework. It's ridiculous!!!! I feel so useless. I just cry some evenings because of the pain. And I can't get the adequate sleep because between 330 and 530 in the morning I wake up with the stiffest back and can not get comfortable. I just wish this would all go away!

Sorry for whining to you all but I didn't know where else to go that others would understand me.