OK, so I need help making a decision. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't like it.
I am signed up to become a ROPES facilitator next year for my district. In order to do that, I need to take training this summer (if you don't know what it entails, you can do a google search for "ropes course"-there are even videos).
I will be outside for 8 hours a day for training. It will be from 8-4 everyday. Some of it will be in a wooded area, others will not be. I should have access to water at most times. This goes on for 3 weeks, I have 3 days of training each week. Then, of course, there will be the field trips with the classes during the year. That will be during a cooler time of year, though.
The trainer is requiring my rheum. to write a note allowing me to participate since my diagnosis. That prompted me to ask myself, "Self, is this a good idea?".
So, what do you all think? I can wear sunblock, a hat, all that stuff. I really, really want to do it. But, not if it's going to put me at risk of anything crazy bad happening to me.
I'm working out with P90x right now and modifying when necessary (like on plyometrics-can't do that many jumps-it hurts my knees and hips).
Am I crazy? I've only known about my Lupus for a week, I don't want to give up everything I love and want to do because of it. Giving up ROPES would be giving up something I've been looking forward to for a while. But, if it's in the interest of my health, I'll do it.
Thanks in advance for your expertise and guidance.