Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lupus rashes

Thanks

Does any have extreme Itchiness all over there body after showering, or just all the time. I have been having an extremely painful itch all over my body, especially after showering, sometimes even when i don't shower, it's not surface and there is no rash, unless I scratch, and then a hives form over the parts that I itched. I went to my GP and she told me I have CREST (which stands for Calcium, Raynauds, Esophageal, Sclerodactyl, Telangiectasia). But the thing is I only show signs of Raynauds and Acid reflux/stomach ulcers out of that. So I don't think thats what I have. I also went to the Dermatologist yesterday, and he said I have Dermographics. The dermatologist diagnosis makes more sense to me, but there is no cure for it except high doses of antihistamines, like hydroxyzine. I am already on a plethra of medication for all my Lupus issues, and would hate to add another to that list. Has anyone else experienced this issue???

Thanks

Im always itchy. No specific diagnosis for it, as Im still in the "working on a diagnosis" stage. I have certain areas that are always itchy, no matter what I do or do not do. Gets pretty maddening and doesnt look at all graceful to be scratching your neck or your abdomen all the time.

Thanks

Default is this a lupus rash

hello i am new and not diagnosed.

have also problems with contact allergy and rubbing sensitives (itching,redness) and dry skin.

i also have sun hives for three years now,they look like normal hives and go by after hours or a day but they burn,sting and itch like sunburn and they occur mostly on spring and early summer.
    then the hives improve when i get tanned but when it is summer i sometimes get real burn wounds from sun, luckily they are not too many and not always.

i have the most on dorsa of feet and they made scars when healing.
    i hope the scars will heal too.

also have irregular skin colour and bleeding under fingernails in summer and with doing things since i am a child,but other skin probs only for years now....

here is a pic
    Last edited by whatswrong?; 08-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks

sorry the upload of pics doesn`t work...
    Last edited by whatswrong?; 08-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks

I itch so bad I want to scream!! I have rashes on my arms, and stomach right now and that's ON prednisone. When I don't take it I have hives over 70% of my body and it makes me nuts! They get so big that I can't move my fingers. When I was in the hospital I got them from the blood pressure cuff. No one believed that I was allergic to just the pressure of the cuff so I let them see for themselves. I get so tired of not being believed and having to go through so much agony just so they can "see".

I've developed an allergy, I guess it is, to all antihistamines and have a severe paradoxical response. So now the only thing that helps control the hives is to constantly be on prednisone. Luckily I have a friend that's a pharmacist and he's the one that told me about paradoxical responses to medications otherwise I would have never known what was happening to me. I thought I was losing my mind! Doctors sure don't seem to know and their solution seems to be antidepressants which I don't do well with.

I also have regular type rashes that I assume are related to lupus but is chronic urticaria part of lupus?

Thanks

Default Do these look like lupus rashes?

Last edited by GoodDog; 01-05-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: changed to link

Thanks

YES YES YESS!!!! ugh its so uncomfortable and I also have Raynauds.. I'm in the process of getting a diagnosis- my doc is positive it's Lupus however I'm trying to get in to see a Rheumy. I do know that my two aunts who have Lupus say that the itching is probably the only symptom that the doctors haven't been able to tame.. so I am pretty sure that's quite common. Thanks for posting this!

Thanks

I am curious about this rash. I had a rash around my nose area that would not get better and it got very sore. My PCP prescribed two different creams that did nothing. After two months he sent me to a dermatologist that said I was allergic to cortozone on my face and gave me a new cream with an antibiotic. It took a while but go better but the skin where this rash was is still kind of red. Does this sound anything like the Lupus rashes you are mentioning.

Thanks

I have a question as well. When I was much younger, I had eczema all. over. I haven't had a huge outbreak in recent years, but occasionally an eczema patch will show up. How similar is eczema to the Lupus rashes?
    Much love,
    pisces_music_girl

Nuerofibromitosis Type One, ca. 1997
    Panic Disorder & Depressive Disorder
    Whatever is currently ailing me hasn't been diagnosed, but I have faith.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, and you ain't nothing hon' if you ain't free," - Janis Joplin, Me And Bobby McGee

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not sure if it's related to lupus or not but I use to get huge plate sized hives on my stomach, chest, back and legs all the time. I haven't had an outbreak of those in awhile but looking back I wonder if it was just te beginning of this craziness.
    Now, however, the past two weeks or so I have had itching legs allllll the time. No rash. No hives. Just a dry itch and if I start scratching I cant stop! It's the worse thing! Sometimes I have to take an allergy pill just to get to sleep. I don't know if it's lupus or just a seasonal allergy or the plaquinel. Whatever is causing it though needs to go away!