Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lupus rashes

Thanks

Since being in Oz and generally getting more sunlight I have started to tan a fair bit. I have noticed patches of my skin that just don't tan. They just stay pinky white. There aren't many of them, just a few little patches, the biggest being about the size of a 50c piece, with rough edges. They aren't raised or textured in any way but they look weird! Even other people have pointed them out!! Just wondered if this is a lupus thing?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ....... I have noticed patches of my skin that just don't tan........
    there is an auto immune disorder, where this is the main symptom.
    it is not uncommon on a lot of people.

please read the post listing the 63 disorders,
    there is more information in there.

Thanks

I just had a look and Vitiligo is the nearest one but mine seem sno where near as severe as that! Reckon I'll just kep an eye on it, as long as it doesn't get worse I'm not too bothered by it. Thanks Steve

Thanks

hi im berniece, i m new here. about 2 years ago i had about 100 open body ulcers covering all sides of my body. from my armpits, palm of my hands butt cheeks etc. it was horrible. it was at first diagnosed as pyoderma gangrinosum, but was found to be the sle doing a different thing all along. finally after 3 biopsies a couple of months to a yr later they healed by using calmoseptine, tegederm and high doeses of prednisone. but i had a hospital bed trapeze home nursing too. i was in bad shape and on 60mg or so of pred. which caused heart problems subsequently. but the ulcers try to come back here and there but now i know to be vigilant over my body and to use calmoseptine and tegederm. i havent heard of anyone saying they had anything like this. now i have thick black scaley patches on my hand n feet. i saw from your link that it is lupus too. im wondering is there anyone else with the ulcer issues?

Thanks

Hello, all! I'm Krystle, and I just recently had this open, thing on my finger that I can't understand what it is. My mom was also diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder as she tested ANA positive. This rash on my finger doesn't itch, but to me it looks like the skin is so dry that it cracks and bleeds. My mom doesn't have these symptoms but she does get rash. Also when I was younger, if I was in the heat for too long I used to get heat rash on my inner thighs really badly.

Thanks

Anyone else have dermagraphia? I've had a terrible time with it since I was 20 years old (51 now). Wondering if the first outbreak of it was the beginning of my autoimmune problems. Can't wait to ask the rheumy.