Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunblock

Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs up Sunblock

Hey guys..

I was shopping at Target today and browsed thru the Sunscreens to see what's available and guess what I found?

A Sunblock that's 100+

Yep, you read right....

The brand is Neutrogena, Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 100+, with Helioplex, recommended by the American Cancer Society.

I was looking at the numbers and found the usual Banana Boat 50...then found a 75...then to my amazement an 85...then my eyes landed on this one....100+

I am duly impressed. Bought a bottle for $10.99 and I might get a chance to try it out this weekend....we're expecting 85 degree temps on Sunday. Woo Hoo!

I'll try it and report back my findings.

Just thought I'd share my incredible find. Seems like each summer they keep coming out with better and better choices....lucky for us Lupies.

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well either your extreamly bored, or need to get out?

either way i think you should find a new hobby

The dermatologist gave me a prescription for sun sence, do u get it over there? they use it in australia, .......hmm whatever trevor!

i use it, its like 50+ or summin like tht, but i need to remember not to go as soon as ive applied it as it makes you look like uve dipped ya face in a tub of cream

hava good day rasta

ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Hey ISDM...

What do ya mean....I do get out....I do have a hobby....

SHOPPING AT TARGET! Didn't you read my post?

And I'm damn good at it too!

Rasta

Thanks

Rasta too funny!!!

I found the Banana boat one that was 85+. It is a clear spray. I wish I had seen the Neutragena one. I may get that. My skin is so sensitive I burn in the shade. Last year I broke out in a rash allover my back and arms all because I sat on the porch in the shade for 15 minutes. I am a bit anxious about that happening again.

K
    Kasey
    aka SuperNoodle

I am a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Wife to my HubbyMan and Mom to a Multitude! Lovin' my sweet pup Ellie!
    Come visit our new store, www.hayleystreasures.com

Thanks

LOL LOri!! YOu make me laugh EVERY TIME!!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Okay...so it's supposed to be beautiful, sunny, 85 degrees on Sunday here in good ole' Portland, Oregon and I was all excited to go try out my fancy new Sunblock, the one that says I can stay out 100+ times longer than anyone else (just joking about that). But tonight on the local news they shared that this might not be such a good idea....our UV index is going to be a 9 on Sunday!!

Whatever the heck that means. They seemed to be very concerned on the news about any of us fair skinned, Portland pantywaists heading out into the outdoors. If we're not supposed to be out there, then why even bother selling us the crazy sunblock in this state in the first place?

I think I smell a scam here? *she sniffs here and there*

Rasta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iseedeadmonkeys View Post
    Well either your extreamly bored, or need to get out?

either way i think you should find a new hobby

The dermatologist gave me a prescription for sun sence, do u get it over there? they use it in australia, .......hmm whatever trevor!

i use it, its like 50+ or summin like tht, but i need to remember not to go as soon as ive applied it as it makes you look like uve dipped ya face in a tub of cream

hava good day rasta

ISDM
    xx
    Deadmonkeys...

I'd really like to see what you look like when you've dipped ya face in a tub of cream....could ya take a picture next time and post it for us?

Rasta throwing it back your way, Jane...
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 05-15-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Painful Brain Fog...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lori,

ok folks, now we know who is our expert Target shopper. You are one of the funniest people i have had the pleasure of knowing.

thanks for the info., i will make a trip to my local target in search for 100 proof sunblock.

why didn't you go shopping before i made my trip to the coast? This is the story of my life "a dollar short and a day late".
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile hate wearing sunscreen

i really hate wearing sunscreen don't know why i don't go out becuase i have to wear that
    i have a question for some one does any one feel when thier out in the sun that you get weak and all you what to do is sleep ?

maria

Thanks

Yes Maria..

For those of us with Lupus, that's a very common effect from being out in the sun, feeling weak and tired. As is nausea, headache, low grade fever, chills...basically all the symptoms of a bad flare. Oh, yeah, and the sun can cause a bad red rash all over.

For the first 15 or 20 years of begin diagnosed with Lupus, and especially when I had active disease, I couldn't get ANY sun at all. Even the shortest time spent in it, would cause me to feel horrible. And that was such a frustrating thing for me when I was young and in my 20's, especially. All I wanted to do was outdoor activities, like everybody else got to enjoy.

But over time, and especially when I finally achieved a long lasting remission and things really quieted down with my Lupus, I was able to gradually tolerate small amounts of sunshine. But I had to be diligent about applying the sunscreen and wearing a hat and sunglasses. At first, I would only get about 15 or 20 minutes of direct sun, and then make sure I found shade. Gradually I seemed to be able to tolerate more at at time. I built up to 30 minutes of direct sun.

I've now been able to go to Hawaii, and last summer Jamaica, and enjoy a little time in the sun wthout the ill effects. I think one thing that has helped this, is the fact that we now have more effective sunscreens available.

The things I am absolute diligent about when I do get sun though, are making sure I don't miss a spot when I apply sunscreen, being careful to never overdo it and stay in it too long, and staying on top of my hydration. I drink tons of water anyway, but double it when I'm spending any time in the sun.

I know what you mean about hating to apply the sunscreen. I agree. It's so time consuming and then you end up greased up and slippery feeling. Hate that too. But if it means I can enjoy a little sun, I'm willing to do it. I spent so many years without ANY sun, that it feels like a treat now to get to feel it on my skin again. If I am allowed that pleasure once more in life, I'm willing to take the time to rub a little protection on.

I'm off today, practicing my safe sun rules!

Lori