Thread: Has Anyone Ever Looked for Darker Sunglasses?

Thanks

Default Has Anyone Ever Looked for Darker Sunglasses?

Hello Everyone,

I was reading a post (which I can't find now) about eye sensitivity to sunlight and indoor lights, and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to find darker sunglasses? I don't have an indoor problem, but when I go outside it seems like my sunglasses just aren't dark enough. None of my doctors seem to know why I am having this problem, and my eye doctor says he can't get me darker sunglasses. Does anyone have an suggestions?

-Miranda-

Thanks

Hey Miranda,

There are times when I am very photo sensitive, also...there are some sunglasses that seem lighter than others...the ones that are tinted yellow or pink seem lighter than the others, but that may just be a matter of opinion on my part...perhaps you might experiment with different kinds.

For my eyes, I have to get the expensive ones that protect and all...something like Mauii Jims or something...not sure what mine are...RayBan have the good ones, too....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hii yess i have big problems when going out side recently considering england doesn't get as bright as someo ther places and can be quite overcast my optitons have always said to go with black tint as it is darker don't know if that helps xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the best darkest sunglasses that I have been able to find are made by oakley and cost over a hundred dollars!! If you have the money to spend they are honestly worth it. They last FOREVER and are made really well. They were originally made for athletes so they have TONS of different kinds. Ray Bans are good too!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I buy sunglasses I look for the UVB protection. I get the darkest I can find also !!!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

Hi Miranda! I get the BEST prescription SUNGLASSES from my eye surgeon! To TRUELY get the protection the way you SHOULD, it has to come from a prescription. I DONT and NEVER have worn glasses,its not that type of prescription, its ONLY for the UV Ray protection. They wrap around too, so no light is getting in for sure! They work GREAT! I flare that much quicker in the sun if i DONT have my glasses on! Good Luck!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I used to wear the Polaroid type of sunglass until my vision got bad. Now I wear the ones with the sun protection only, otherwise I can't see well for driving purposes.

Thanks

I've had success with the "Blublocker" polarized lenses. Makes everything crisp while blocking out the light. They're really quite remarkable. They have a knock-off on TV now, but I can't recall the name.

Hope you find something that works!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."