Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Momma's Day to my Mom.

Thanks

Default Happy Momma's Day to my Mom.

My mother passed away on April 4th, 1995.
    I loved her deeply; now she's simply gone.
    All my life I'd known that I was loved,
    Living in the circle of her arms.
    I can't believe her love is not somewhere,
    So strong it was, so much a part of me.
    I feel it in the harsh salt of the sea
    And in the stinging sadness of the wind.

I ride the waves along the rock-strewn shore.
    No one watches me with fear and pride.
    Now among the stars I am alone.
    In her heart I had my only home.

Written by another, unknown to me.... I just changed the date for me....written so beautifully it says what I feel.

Happy Mother's Momma. I miss you, I missed you before you were even gone. (My Momma died of terminal cancer) My heart still aches.

I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Oluwa.....such lovely words.......i feel your deep sadness and loss. Sending you gentle hugs and i know she's watching over you...still so proud my friend. Wish i could ease the pain....or turn back time....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

So sorry for your loss and sadness, I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa, So sorry for your loss. That's a beautiful poem.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    Such a beautiful poem. I can't imagine not having my mom around, I know that this loss must leave an emptiness. Know that you are always in my heart and in my thoughts.
    Happy Mother's day, albeit due to your furry children, especially Pookie whom you say looks most like you (lol).
    I hope that this day is filled with loving memories of you and your Mom.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you everyone....hugs...squeeze.

Oh, I do, I do have wonderful memories of my Mom. Many that cause me to laugh out loud. I feel her in my gestures, my words...and my expressions. Times I feel I am just like her.

Though I feel like I don't belong to anyone anymore since she left.. it is okay that I feel that...that is love. And I love her.

She will...would be 75 on May 21...I often wonder what she would look like. More beautiful than the year before. The last time we were together she was 60..and so strikingly beautiful. She wasn't elegant..she was elegance.

Though I cried my contacts blurry today, when I cry I feel her love..it was, really a wonderful day.

In her journal she wrote. I love my babies, each and every one. I am one of eight.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    I know that so much of your Mother's goodness, sweetness, compassion, understanding, and sense of fairness abounds in you. You are an homage to your Mother and she did a wonderful job with with you because you are such a wonderful, giving person.
    I truly understand the tears that make you feel the love! We are all blessed because you are here and that is a tribute to your Mother!

Peace and Blessings
    Always
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes and i agree.How proud your Mom would be of our Oluwa. Such a caring,courageous,lovely,funny lady.Always thoughtful and helping others through the darkest of days......since ive known you....i think you are amazing.So yes.....your Mom did a fab job...and we are glad to know and love such a lady Oluwa....our dear friend. And how nice....the note your Mom wrote about her babies.....lovely.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Olwua,

I know it's after Mother's Day, but I must agree with Saysusie and Angel Oliver, she lives on in you. That kind sweet spirit that you said you remember, you emulate. And we feel, the care and love that you said she gives. You, my friend, are elegance.

Thanks

Default Sending you hugs

Like your mother loved her babies, each and every one, you too show that love and affection each time you post here to another member in need...as if we are all "your babies." You have a great gift. Your mother, I know, is so proud of you.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.