Thread: I don't know how to title this thread lol

Thanks

Default I don't know how to title this thread lol

Okay I have been off since my last post but now I am back lol. Anyway 1st thing 1st I have recived my test result form last doc visit he said everything was normal except that my vitamin D is low and that it could be the cause of my pain. I am like whatever I left outta there and got my records and now I am in search for another rhumy.

Now i am having systems that I have never had before, some i have had but i just have over looked them but I have had some family also looking along with me on tha net so that we can find out some more information about this illness that is so hard to detect. My arm has been swolen since my doc visit but of course he said he said that is because my vitmain d is low, then i have these lecisons in my throat that have also made my tongue bump up and hurt so my cousin got to work and did some reasrh and found out that these things along with my hair falling out in patches are signs of lupus. I just need some more opioins because i am getting burned out with these doctors and all this pain and swelling and everything else that is going on.....PLZ HELP!

Also I just wanted to say that I started school on the 27th of last month for Medical Asstiant so i would like u all to pray that i stay well enough to finish.
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Parisse,

I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus five years ago. Guess what symptom I had that finally pointed me in the right direction and led to my diagnosis of SLE-Alopecia Arreata-my hair was falling out in patches on the back of my head. I also had terrible joint pain, swelling, and the worst mouth sores imaginable.

Find a new Rheumo. Write down all of your symptoms no matter how odd or seemingly trivial they may be. Take a trusted friend or family member to your Rheumo appointments, for backup and moral support-Rheumo's are more likely to listen if it's two against one. Be a persistent pain in the butt with these so-called "healthcare professionals".

Most importantly, have faith in yourself, and trust your instincts when it comes to the signals and signs your body is giving you. If you believe there is definitely something going on with your health, then there probably is. If you are diagnosed with Lupus, know that it can be managed and many of us lead fulfilling lives despite it. I hope you can find the answers you need, so you can start managing the symptoms. Be tough, and hang in there. Come here and vent whenever you need to. I've been where you are, and I understand how frustrating this can be.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi parisse

rob gave you excellent advice. I just wanted to say hi and i am glad you are back. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this frustration, and when in a flare, it makes it even harder.

hopefully, you will be able to find a rheumy that is compassionate, and will be someone that you can trust.

sounds like your family is really trying to help, and i know this is a comfort to you.

welcome back, hope we can help you find the answers that you are searching for.
    Phyllis

share a smile today