Thank you so much for all of the support. This is truly a wonderful source for people dealing with Lupus!

I wanted to let you all know about something really exciting and a little frightening for me.

My major is Journalism and Mass Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations (it's a mouthful,) and my dream job is doing promotions for a musical venue like the House of Blues. I always tell people this career combines the two things I love most: music and people.

I'm also an honors student, meaning I have to do a thesis. We can do anything, but most students relate it to their major. This got me thinking about what I should do, because it's coming up quick.

Well, I decided. I'm going to plan and promote a benefit concert for Lupus awareness and research!!! What an amazing way to help out something close to my heart, do something I love AND get my thesis out of the way!

It's still in the beginning stages, but I understand that for this to be an honest success, I will have to discuss my own Lupus. This is scary for me, but I think it will be good.

I'm in a business fraternity that puts on several impressive philanthropic events from a golf tournament to a 5k run to a male beauty pageant, all benefitting different causes. I am hoping to get my Brothers on board and if this is a success, make it an annual event. My Brothers are my closest friends and they deserve to know something so important about me and they deserve to be a part of this!

I would like to hear all of your thoughts on this. I will keep you updated on the trials and tribulations of this undertaking!