Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinda dumb questions

Thanks

Default Kinda dumb questions

I have an appointment tomorrow with my rheumatologist. And I know Im going to have to answer all the usual questions. When they ask stuff like how are your arms and legs and do you have any muscle weakness ect. I always answer with I dont knows and things like I guess it feels fine. I've felt the way I do now for like a year or so at least. So I guess Im just dumb and dont know whats normal or not. I cant really tell her that I feel bad, becuz I always feel like this. I dont know if its just normal or if its something I need to tell her or what. I've always felt kinda achy everywhere alot. So I dont really know what to tell her ya know? I feel I little dumb becuz it seems like some simple questions.lol I just dont want to sound like Im complaining to her about nothing, but I dont want to just not tell her when it may be important.
    Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Ritzbit....Hi.

If you can feel it, tell your doctor because we shouldn't feel anything if we didn't have a disease. People are are aware of themselves but it shouldn't be pain, tender. Pain, weakness is treatable.

We do have a normal but you should tell her...because really our normal is abnormal...

She may have other medication she can prescribe...she may need to request further testing, different test...

Know you are not complaining you are answering a question...and too doctors treat our medical 'complaints'...so don't feel shy, awkward or like a complainer.

Use the scale method to describe the strength of your pain. 1 -10...10 being you would go to an ER...

What if you thought was your norm could be normalier...wouldn't that be something...so do tell her...

Be well..hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Oh, one more thing Ritzbit....it wasn't a dumb question. There really are no dumb questions...sometimes just dumb answers...lol...was mine, ah dumb.

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't say much at the doctor because when I do they act like they don't believe me. When I do tell them they contradict what I say. It's so frustrating
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you absolutely should tell your doctor if you feel achey even if you think that is normal for you. you shouldn't be in any kind of pain EVER!

i think you should explain it to your doctor just how you explained it to us.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Oluwa very good advice you should follow it.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. =)

That was the longest appointment of my life.lol

I was at childrens from 1 til 5:30 today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ritzbits,

how did your drs. appt. go?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

So, how did your appointment go. I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think I know what it is like to feel normal anymore. I hurt all the time, and it's very irritating.
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Ritzbit,

I was just wondering how everything is going with you. I hope your rather long Dr. visit went well.

Rob