Thread: lyrica

Thanks

Default lyrica

does anyone take lyrica. my rhuemy says it is good for nerve pain. so... is nerve pain common with lupus?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrieg View Post
    does anyone take lyrica. my rhuemy says it is good for nerve pain. so... is nerve pain common with lupus?
    hi terrie,

i was taking lyrica for about a month. i was taking neurontin & flexerill before that and they weren't substantially reducing pain so my rheumy switched me to lyrica. i didn't really notice to much improvement. plus, i noticed i was gaining weight and having difficulty losing no matter how little i ate. so, i discontinued use. i'm now back to neurontin & flexerill. hope it helps, if u decide to take it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi terrieg,

i responded to your question about lyrica in your post located uder "newly diagosed"

again, welcome to the group.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I also was on lyrica at one point and it didn't do anything but put weight on me. So after a few weeks I discontinued it.
    God Bless you always,

Maria

Thanks

I am currently on lyrica for back pain. It is a very low dose 100mg a day, and it has given me some relief. My biggest issue with it is it makes my feet/ankles swell and I am now taking lasix every other day to help reduce the fluid. Haven't had issue with weight gain. I am staying pretty steady with that thank goodness. As I've posted on another thred I think I have fibromyalgia but haven't been officially diagnosed. Hope the lyrica works for you!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!