Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xray results in for my back.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Xray results in for my back.....

Please can someone put it in english for me lol

Hiya guys so some of you know i went for an xray for my back, gawd its so painful and heres the results:-

THORACIC SPINE:
    Moderate scoliosis convex to the right. Mild to moderate disc degenerative change at D5/6 and milder degenerative change from D6/7 to D9/10. The D6 vertebral body is mildly reduced in height, No evidence of recent collapse.

LUMBAR SPINE:
    Mild to moderate scoliosis convex to the left. Allowing for obliquity possible mild reduction in disc height at L5/S1. No gross disc degenerative change demonstrated elsewhere. There is loss of the lumbar lordosis. On a limited assesment, no evident sacro-iliitis.

Ok so what does all that mean then? lol ive not got a clue
    hope some one can help me
    cheers
    ISDM
    xxx

Oh btw i asked about my skin biopsy and they chased it up for me to find out where and when i was having one, and im down as urgent but once again i seem to have fell thru the nets lol, i should here from them soon (hopefully), oh and my blood is all gone thin again lol, happy thursday everyone x
    Last edited by iseedeadmonkeys; 04-30-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine...side to side like if looking at your back head on at the thoracic spine, middle back between shoulder blades it is curved like a backwards C....

You have disk degenerative disease (DDD) the triple D's...at the base of your neck D5/6...in the US we called that area cervical spine C5/6. I had my disk removed there and had donor bone inserted and fused with a titanium plate.

I also have DDD...

D6/7 - D9/10...in the US known as the thoracic, upper back T6/7 -T9/10. Appears you have mild DDD there...

L5/S1 is the last disk in your lumbar area, lower back, just above the crack...

I also had two diskectomies there in the lumbar area....

When they say a vertebra has lost height it means the edges are wearing because the disk is drying up, so it is losing it's bounce...causing wear on the edge of the vertebrae.

DDD is I copied and pasted to save my fingers...
    Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is typically associated with aging. As you age, your discs, like other joints in the body, can degenerate (break down) and become problematic: that's a natural part of growing older as your body deals with years of strain, overuse, and maybe even misuse. However, DDD can occur in people as young as 20, so sadly, youth doesn't always protect you from this disc-related condition. In fact, some patients may inherit a prematurely aging spine.
    Degenerative disc disease involves the intervertebral discs. Those are the pillow-like cushions between your vertebrae in your spine. They help your back carry weight and allow complex motions of the spine while maintaining stability. As you age, the discs can lose flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. They also become thinner as they dehydrate. When all that happens, the discs change from a supple state that allows fluid movement to a stiff and rigid state that restricts your movement and causes pain.
    If you have chronic back or neck pain, you may have degenerative disc disease. It commonly occurs in your low back (lumbar spine) or neck (cervical spine). Developing degenerative disc disease is a gradual process. As you can see in the illustration, there are even many stages and states your discs can go through as part of DDD. They can bulge, herniate, or thin. Because of disc changes, your vertebrae can be affected-you can see this in the illustration, too. For example, bone spurs (osteophytes) can form as your spine tries to adjust to the intervertebral disc changes.

Click on the blue words above and follow the link for more detailed info, ISDM....

To help you back...ISDM you need to build up your skeletal muscles so they can hold up your back...me, I have my stomach tight, sucked in all day and my butt cheeks always pinched to hold up my lower back...buns of steel as my husband calls them. Always pinched, except when I am relaxed on the loo....

Back at ya..Happy Thursday....
    Loves...
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Oh Oluwa! YOu are so GREAT! You are the one to count on at all times!! THANK YOU for all you do!! HERES to OLUWA
    So sorry ISDM!!! OUCH! All i can say is "Damn, you have some back problems"!!! I can relate somewhat, i had an MRI because of back pain and come to find out, i have a broken L5 and a missing disc so im grinding bone on bone! OUCH! That explains the discomfort! LOl They want to do surgery but i say HECK NO! i exercise and stretch almost EVERY day and it REALLY HELPS. You'd be surprised at how much the stretching would help you too. Give it a shot! I hope ytou feel better for it! Hey, you should also try acupuncture, It HELPS SOOOOO MUCH! I dont go to a chiropractor anymore,it almost hurt more! Give it a shot!!! GOOD LUCK!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hey Oluwa, thats so true too about your stomach and butt muscles being firm helps the back issues. Too funny, buns of steal, how cute your hubby is Good for you! They say to work that core and it answers a lot of your pain prayers!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

isdms, So sorry about your back and spine problem. I know It's painful. My back and spine hurts, and pops every time I move. I hope things get better for you soon.

I haven't been on twitter much the last few days
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hey O

thankyou soo much for explaining that to me, its helps alot...no it really does!

When they give the form i was wondering what it all meant the physio dint really explain it to me she just read thru it and mumbled at me....lol like i was to understand!

She gave me some excercisies to do one of which is standing against the wall with my stomach pulled in...she explained it like imagine two strings from your shoulders attached to your bottom then pull your shoulders back and pull ure stomach in for 10 secs at a time 3 times a day, then in the morning and at night (in bed) lay flat with my knees pulled in to my chest a coupke of times then sway from side to side.....ok i will give it a shot, the first time i went to see her she gave me all these exercises to do which i think was too much at once cause i was gettin shooting pains up and down my back!.

Right there we are then, according to my mum she said tht my brother, my sister and my dad (which i dint know about!) also have DDD so there we go EXCERCISES her i come

Thanx again O xxxx

Lucky - Thankyou for your support too i know and knew in myself it was lupus related yet the drs wouldnt say so....sooo annoying when that happens! funnily enough the rhuemy did talk of surgery hmm we will see what he says i guess, sometimes its really hard to do excercises with the lupus making you feel dreadful all the time but il give it my best shot b4 i make any rash decisions. thanx again xxx

writghtrs - that sounds bloody awful yuk! i think i would just throw up if mine popped out every now and again!! bless you dear....oh and ive noticed you ve not been on there too hope everything ok with you? xxx

take care all and thanx again xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Please think it through HARD ISDM ,about the surgery, i hear so many horror stories about it making it WORSE. My old chiro didnt even want me to do it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Jane,

Im sending you very gentle back massages to you! Hope Mj n Norma n family are ok as well.

Love
    Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

HEY, GOOD IDEA Angel!!! Gentle BACK RUBS!!! I LIKE IT!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Right Jeanette...you do the back and i'll do her shoulders....Jane you just relax and enjoy.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx