Thread: student life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default student life

hi everyone, I'm in my final year at university, which is proving to very stressfull. I was hoping someone would have some tips to better manage my stress, lupus especially makes it even worse. On the sideeline i have to hold down a part-time job about 4 times a week.

pls help!!! :?: :?: :!:

Thanks

Hi. I am too a full time student. I went to the disabiliy services office at my school. They have some great tips, and services that they may offer you. If I am flaring and can' make it to school, they send someone to my classes to take notes for me. Things like that. Thought that might help.

Thanks

Research yourself a bit on b-vitamins. You'll want to know things like how they compete in your stomache for absorbtion (take a balanced all in one), how you can get withdrawal from them, etc. They're helpful in times of stress, and you lose them in those times as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default STUDENT LIFE

Thanks 4 all the advice u guys, I've never really researched the my university's disabilty centre yet, but i will in future thanx.

As 4 the b vits i will certainly look further into that.

lo ts of thanx

peace and blessings

Thanks

This may sound cheesy, but for me setting a schedule helps. If you work part time, I assume your schedule can vary. I make a point to get up at the same time every day, go to sleep at the same time, etc. This also seems to help me to set a study time. Everyday, no matter how little or much homework I have, I set down and study. But only for an hour and a half. Then I take a break to watch a tv show for 30 minutes, then back to studying. Being in the habit of studying and the feeling of being prepared helps the stress factor alot, too.
    Chelle

Thanks

good replies all!

I work at a college, and agree with hulagirl that seeing the disability office is a great thing to do. THey should help you get through the rough times.

I also agree with the schedule - try to get your rest, it has to be hard if your'e in a dormitory, but do what you can to get a good night sleep every night.

Another thing - read some of the posts on dies. I encourage you to watch your diet carefully, eat lots of green, little if any meat, and drink lots of purified water.

Many hugs, and I hope the year goes quickly and successfully!