Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MagistraMarla finally checking in

Thanks

Smile

Hi Oluwa,
    [QUOTE=Oluwa;48419]Oh my, Marla..ouch...replacing fillings with caps. Were you like me growing up..no florinated water or do you have Sjogren's too? I have that too. Drying up like a chip, inside outwardly.

Yes on both counts. I grew up in the country with well water - no fluoride.
    I've also recently tested positive to Sjogren's. I've always had dry eyes; never gave it a thought 'til now. Does it affect the teeth, too? I've been told that the osteonecrosis (death of the bone) that I have can also make the teeth die, so I've got problems from all sides!

130 pound German Sheppard and a 5lb Chihuahua..I roared as I envisioned them walking down the road together...or does the little one get a ride? Too cute.

Yes, Conner and Lilly are best friends, and it was a trip to watch Meg walk them both down the street. Lilly always finished the walk in Meg's arms, though. Conner was her "demo dog" when she taught dog training. He is perfectly trained and perfectly behaved. He has even passed for a service dog. She took him to college classes with her, and everyone just assumed that he was her service animal. They are currently staying with her husband's grandparents until they get base housing - probably very interesting for the grandparents with those two dogs. I'm feeling very sorry for my son's black Lab, Zoe. Her "pack" just left her, and she's sitting in our back yard, looking very lonely.

I am in South Carolina..Charleston area and it was another beautiful day today. I'm enjoying them before the hot humid days come...

It's already hot & humid here - 90 today.

The Plaquenil will keep kicking in...even more and you will have a great summer, and an enjoyable trip to Monterey....

Can't wait!

How was your day back at school today?

My day wasn't too bad. It was hard to settle the kids down after the 4 days of testing. They want to tune out NOW, not in 4 weeks. Those last few weeks are always a challenge. My replacement Latin teacher is flying in from Michigan for a visit next week. My students are very anxious to meet him. It seems strange, since I was the first Latin teacher at our school. It will really be a change for the kids for the Latin program to be run by someone else. I'm trying to talk him into renting our house, too!

Hugs and loves back,
    Marla

Thanks

To both Mountaindreamer and Mnjodette
    Thank you both for the info on the MTX. I've been hearing that it can help, so I guess it's worth a try. I've only been on the Plaquenil since March, and I had to cut back from two per day to 1 per day because it gave me very embarrassing side effects.
    I think that the doc is anxious for me to start a trial run with the MTX before we leave town, so as I said, I'll give it a try. Thanks to the info that all of you have given me, I'll take it on Friday evenings, so that I can hopefully feel OK by Monday. Right now, the oral surgeon has me on antibiotics, so we're waiting 'til the 15th.
    I'll report back after that.
    Marla