Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Feeling Well

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Not Feeling Well

I've been having a problem especially when I first wake up, my skin is cold and clammy and moist. This is the best way I can describe it. Also my heart has been racing. Then there something else that happens. Every once in a while I feel like I blackout briefly. I go to my PCP tomorrow. And next week to my rheumy. Please pray That I get some answers.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

That doesn't sound good Becky....I've had the cold clammy skin, but not with racing heart....and blackout periods. That's something that definitely needs checking out. Good to know you're seeing your doctor tomorrow. Take it easy till then. If your heart is still racing and you black out anymore, I'd suggest calling your PCP today and see what he says. He may want you to head to the ER.

I'll be praying for you...sending you hugs of caring concern....

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagirl View Post
    That doesn't sound good Becky....I've had the cold clammy skin, but not with racing heart....and blackout periods. That's something that definitely needs checking out. Good to know you're seeing your doctor tomorrow. Take it easy till then. If your heart is still racing and you black out anymore, I'd suggest calling your PCP today and see what he says. He may want you to head to the ER.

I'll be praying for you...sending you hugs of caring concern....

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks Lori that is so sweet. I dread telling the doctor tomorrow because, I don't want to end up in the hospital. I was hopeing this would just go away. So haven't done any thing. Their are several things that could be causing this. I have PH, DVT, Sleep apnea, heart problem.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

I totally understand the not wanting to tell the doc cuz you'll end up in the hospital. Been there....done that...many times. I can't count how many times I'd sit on the end of my bed crying and telling my husband I don't want to call the doctor...I'm just going to end up in the hospital...the last place on earth I wanna be. That's one of the things that I hated most about this illness...all the damn things that could end me up in the hospital. Hospital's suck, except for the 'getting you better part'. That's where I've had some of my lonliest moments with Lupus....after all your family and friends go home...and you're stuck there feeling awful.

I'll say a prayer for you....hopefully this will be something they can fix outside the hospital.

Hang in there and try not to stress yourself too much. I know....easier said than done. But you don't need to be flaring on top of this. Rest today and save up some energy for the doctor visit tomorrow.

Sending you a bunch more hugs >>>>>>>

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Rastagirl. I know you're praying it's nothing but it could be something. You only have one heart, take care of it! It's definitely good you're going to your PCP but if it continues tonight and if you're that worried about it, GO TO THE ER! Thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope everything goes well and it's nothing.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MicRoMediC View Post
    I agree with Rastagirl. I know you're praying it's nothing but it could be something. You only have one heart, take care of it! It's definitely good you're going to your PCP but if it continues tonight and if you're that worried about it, GO TO THE ER! Thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope everything goes well and it's nothing.

Thanks I hope it nothing too. It may just be something from the bug I had last week. It's just so strange. And I noticed that my ankles are swollen too. But they do swell at times and take a diuretic for that.

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagirl View Post
    I totally understand the not wanting to tell the doc cuz you'll end up in the hospital. Been there....done that...many times. I can't count how many times I'd sit on the end of my bed crying and telling my husband I don't want to call the doctor...I'm just going to end up in the hospital...the last place on earth I wanna be. That's one of the things that I hated most about this illness...all the damn things that could end me up in the hospital. Hospital's suck, except for the 'getting you better part'. That's where I've had some of my loneliest moments with Lupus....after all your family and friends go home...and you're stuck there feeling awful.

I'll say a prayer for you....hopefully this will be something they can fix outside the hospital.

Hang in there and try not to stress yourself too much. I know....easier said than done. But you don't need to be flaring on top of this. Rest today and save up some energy for the doctor visit tomorrow.

Sending you a bunch more hugs >>>>>>>

Lori

Thanks for you prayers, I'll try not to stress about it. I'll try to wait and see what happens tomorrow. One thing thats keeping my mind of of it right now is. I can't find my ins. card. Just got a new one last month and don't know where I put it.

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will add you to my list of nightly prayers.
    I hope you get some answers, i know it stinks not knowing. i only wake up sometimes being sweaty just around back of neck, and everywhere else dry and sometimes cold. but i think yours sounds different.

Thanks

Becky...

Anti-inflammatories are one possibility of edema, prednisone too or it could heart or kidney involvement. For me, I notice it is the drugs.

Also when taking diuretics...I take Lasix, a loop diurectic that releases the sodium in my blood...do you supplement with a prescription of potassium. Taking diuretics can cause heart racing and palpitations...dizziness, lightheadedess. Did your doctor look into that or do your see any correlation between the two, drug and symptom?

Hope you find the cause and it is easy to fix...

Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oluwa View Post
    Becky...

Anti-inflammatories are one possibility of edema, prednisone too or it could heart or kidney involvement. For me, I notice it is the drugs.

Also when taking diuretics...I take Lasix, a loop diuretic that releases the sodium in my blood...do you supplement with a prescription of potassium. Taking diuretics can cause heart racing and palpitations...dizziness, lightheadedness. Did your doctor look into that or do your see any correlation between the two, drug and symptom?

Hope you find the cause and it is easy to fix...

Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa

I take lasix and potassium also. It could be related to that. I think he is checking that with my labs but not sure. I have heart problem's. I have been wondering about my kidney's for a while. Because I have foam in my urine. My labs show protein. But when I do the 24 hour test. It comes back normal. My doctor tell me my kidneys are fine. I would like to see a Nephrologist. But been unable to get a referral. My doctor asked me if I change any meds. I chaged 1 med a few month ago. I was taking naproxen and changed to mobic. I'm going to change back to naproxen because mobic hasn't helped with joint pain all.

I am going to volunteer at the walk for lupus in Charlotte on Saturday because I can't walk. My husbands walking. I hope I make it though that day since I'm not feeling well.

Thank so much. and hugs back.

Take Care,
    Becky