Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What were your first symptoms?

Thanks

Question What were your first symptoms?

Hi there! Im new to this forum and I havent been diagnosed with lupus yet. Im in my medical journey to find out what is going on. But according to my best friend and my husbands grandma, I sound like I have lupus. My best friend has lupus and so does grandma Aline. Aline wasn't diagnosed until she was 55, and lived with lupus for years before finally being sent to a rhem who knew right away that she had lupus. I luckily have an appointment with a Rhem on May 11th because my general doctor cant figure out what is wrong and I haven't been in to see her since I realized that lupus seems to fit so well with my symptoms. My main symptoms now, are horrible body aches that seem to move constantly, most often in my shoulders, knees and especially my hands when it is cold(tho they havent turned blue yet, the pain can be excruciating). This all didnt start until February and since then its been on and off until last week. Its been constant pains now. At this point I dont even care what I have I just want the diagnosis so I can figure out what to do to help my body battle it. And I really dont want to have to wait years like my grandma did. Some days Im incapable of driving because of my pains, and its starting to get frustrating feeling like everyone just thinks Im being dramatic. But I cant exactly help it if I have to gimp around and Im NOT faking it. Anyways, sorry for the page long post, lol. Maybe I am venting a little

Im just curious what your first symptoms of lupus were and how severe?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Anxiety and depression,hair fell out then severe exhaustion with blue feet.Yet they say i dont have Lupus i have Chronic Fatigue syndrome.M.E.
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile

Hi welcome
    My first symptom was a butterfly rash.
    THEN i STARTED getting body aches and pains, fatigue, sore joints,
    pleurisy. It took a bit of time for a diagnosis but just keep going to the dr.
    Keep a record of your daily symptoms and take that with to your DR apt.
    Hope you get some answers!

Pam

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry you are going through the diagnosing stage. Don't let anybody make you feel like you are crazy or a hypochondriac. Something is going on, they just need to find it. Something interesting in my family is auto-immune manifesting in different ways.

My first symptoms were joint pain, fatigue, and my thyroid stopped working.

Good luck and keep us up to date. Hope it goes real good at your appointment.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Chronic fatigue with muscle pains in joints, especially when it's cold or going to rain. MAJOR hives all over my body varying on point of origin. Random airway swelling. This all starting when I was 12. I am now 22.

I truly hope you don't have lupus, it's not a great diagnosis. I hope you the best.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

My first symptoms were migraines, body aches, tingling in my extremities, dry mouth and eyes, and unbelievable fatigue.

Thanks

Wanted to say WELCOME and you are among friends here who are here to listen and help when you need it! Dont be sorry either for the length of your thread, you share what you NEED to and we will hear you!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just wanted to welcome you. I was told that I probably had Lupus for years before I was diagnosed. But I got real sick right before my diagnoses. I had joint paint fever and felt awful. I had real bad pain in the back of my neck. They thought I had meningitis and was going to stick a needle in my spine. I'm so glad they didn't do that.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

OUCH Becky!!! Im glad they didnt do that too!!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hmmm, my first symptom, I can't pin point it. But my Rheumy just told me that he thinks, that I had Lupus most of my life.
    Age 5-Hepatitis
    Age 11- rheumatic fever
    Age 24- hemolytic anemia, hemoglobin = 2.6, plus I was 5 months pregnant
    But I do remember always having joint pain.
    Now I have lupus, RA,sicca,asthma,scoliosis and other stuff, they still have to name.

Debbie