Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Aunt needs your prayers

Thanks

Default My Aunt needs your prayers

My Aunt Tommie, who is like a mother to me, is in the hospital with a staff infection. She woke up last sunday with the entire right side of her face swollen. She thought she had an allergic reaction to something. When she went to urgent care, they found out that it was caused by a small pimple/or ingrown hair in her nose. The told her she had a staff infection, and it is a good thing she went in, because if it went to her brain it could kill her. By wednesday, she still had a fever on and off, and it had grown to the size of a grape...it looked so painful. They finally put her in the hospital for IV antibiotics. I've been going to the hospital after work and staying until about 2am....i'm exhausted too. I hope I don't have a flare from lack of sleep. They finally lanced the cyst today, and relieved a lot of the pressure. I was too tired to go see her tonight, but they have her on a morphiine drip...so hopefully she's sleeping good. So say a prayer friends...for her speedy recovery. Thank you.
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Thanks

Oh no how awful for her. I am praying for her and for you.
    Rest now.
    K
    Kasey
    aka SuperNoodle

I am a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Wife to my HubbyMan and Mom to a Multitude! Lovin' my sweet pup Ellie!
    Come visit our new store, www.hayleystreasures.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Mary Jane OUCH that sounds so painful.I will be thinking of both of you.You get the rest and sleep you need,youve been a good help to her so well done you! I too hope she s sleeping and so glad is on morphine and in the place where they can help her.Thinking and hoping you all get the rest and help you need.Hope she is out of hospital and better very soon.

love
    Angel.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thank you both for your prayers...I've stayed home today to catch up on rest...and yes I did go into a flare...I know it's from exhaustion. My Uncle said my aunt is doing much better now that they have releived the pressure from the cyst. I'm going to visit her tomorrow. Thank you again for your prayers.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thats such good news.Yes you catch up on your rest and take care.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mary jane,

so sorry to hear about your aunt, but thank goodness she is better now. Sounds like time and rest will have her back on her feet very soon. Now, you must prescribe the same for yourself....you get some rest, sweet dreams.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Maryjane....

I'll keep your Aunt Tommie in my prayers....for a full and speedy recovery. Thank goodness they caught this in time for successful treatment. Staph infections are very dangerous...my Aunt, who had Lupus, got one and waited too long to get to the hospital, it went to her heart and she had a massive heart attack and died. It's so very important to never take a chance with any infection or wound that is not healing.

I'm glad she's feeling better and responding to the antibiotics. That's good news.

Please be sure to take good care of yourself too...you've been through a rough time with lots of extra stress. Don't forget to get some rest when you get a chance.

Sending you hugs and promises of prayers for both your Aunt and you.

God Bless,

Lori

Thanks

Hey, all...thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We went to visit my Aunt today. She looks a lot better. She was hopeing to come home tomorrow, but the doctor wants her to stay in a couple more days. they are still giving her mega doses of antibiotics, and will be doing more blood work.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Mary Jane,

Oh im so glad she's looking a bit better. Hope you got your rest as you are a blessing to her. She is in the best possible place for the help she needs,so a couple more days wont hurt.She'll be home soon feeling much better than she did.

Lots of love
    Angel.xxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

MaryJane;
    I am so happy to hear that she is looking better and feeling better. Hopefully, she will be able to come home very soon! You and she are in my thoughts and prayers still.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!