Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who I Am In Christ....

Thanks

Smile Who I Am In Christ....

I have a photocopied, yellowed paper in the front cover of my Bible, a printout I got at a women's Bible study I attended a few years ago and I've used it as a reference for awhile now....It helps me remember that I am a special person created by God, that He Loves Me dearly, and that I never walk alone. It's kind of long, so I thought I'd post a small first section of it here to encourage others and remind them of God's promises to us, found in these verses. I encourage you to look up each of the verses listed and read them in full.

WHO I AM IN CHRIST

I Am Accepted in Christ

John 1:12 I am God's child

John 15:15 I am Christ's friend

Romans 5:1 I have been justified

1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit

1 Corinthians 6:20 I have been bought with a price; I belong to God

1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body

Ephesians 1:1 I am a saint

Ephesians 1:5 I have been adopted as God's child

Ephesians 2:18 I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit

Colossians 1:14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins

Colossians 2:10 I am complete in Christ

In His Love,

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 05-06-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you, your post has convicted, reassured and put my life back in perspective.

I have been neglecting my relationship with our Abba and it is really beginning to show. These are crazy days we are in. It is too easy to get sidetracked.

It is a battle we can't win without the armor of God on daily. We can't forget who we are in Christ.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you I will start looking them up right away. I been negletful also. I started out this year on the right track. But where got off.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Lori. I was reading and got stuck here...1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit. Then read on and came back to it again. He is with me in this battle...united. I feel very comforted. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks for sharing this Lori.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Post Need the Lord to help us fight Lupus

I am 67 yeas old, and have been fighting the lupus battle ever since I was 28 years old. This disease has attacked my body in many different ways, nearly ending my life several times, but I am here to tell you that without my faith in God, and the knowledge that Jesus died for me, and has been with me every step of the way, every day, through the pain and disappointments that lupus had brought to my life over and over for 39 years. I never would have made it this far. Lupus has been a real faith builder for me. It has allso made me more determined to find laughter and joy in the mist of pain and depression(yes there have been times of depression and tears), and has shown me that with God's intervention, I could handle whatever lupus threw in my pathway. This disease destroyed my life in many ways, but it has not destroyed my joy of living. Having lupus led me to a lot of new friends and for that I am thankful. Having Lupus taught me a lot about myself. I am very proud of myself, and my determination to enjoy my life inspite of lupus. Lupus destroyed the plans I had made for my future, but it didn't destroy my zest for living.I laugh a lot, and I pray to God a lot thanking him for the lessons life and Lupus have taught me.
    Thanks to Lupus, and the strength God has given me, I am one, strong-willed, determined, old broad.
    Praise the Lord.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you so much lori. You are such a positive influence. I love you girl!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

He is the all mightiful and is with us on this battle. He just chooses to watch and do nothing.

Thanks

Thank you Lori, for the verses...to read our connection to to God, Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit.

I am sorry a negative post has been drawn to your positive one...

Hugs..
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.