Thread: New To the Forum but not to Lupus and im tired of feeling alone!

Thanks

Default New To the Forum but not to Lupus and im tired of feeling alone!

Hi Everyone I am new to this Forum. I was Diagnosed with Lupus (SLE) when I was 14 years old I am now 21. I have a wonderful family and boyfriend that supports me. But I still feel very alone, It would be nice to meet people and have friends that understand 100% of what I am going through. So that is why I am here.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome to a very friendly but very informative forum.Everyone will come and welcome you here just you watch. You will find 'sticky's' which have plenty of info in that will help you.
    Ask any question and the members here will come and help you. Hey we even have our own arcade so go and have some fun in there.Im rubbish cause i have a laptop.....such a fab excuse to use

Lots of love
    Angel.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, Nice to meet you. I just want welcome you. People are friendly here. So just make youself at home.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

Smile

Hello...

Just wanted to welcome you and let you know you're not alone in your feelings. Many of us have supportive friends and family, yet we still long for friends that 'get us'...that know firsthand what it's like to have this illness...people that don't need explaining when we just want to vent or cry or ask our questions.

We're happy to have you join us and learn with us and share your experiences. We've got a great group here that truly understands what you're going through. This is definitely a lonely illness that is unrelenting at times and overwhelming in how it manifests itself, as I'm sure you know. It breaks my heart whenever I meet someone who's been diagnosed at such a young age. My heart goes out to you...I'm sending you caring HUGS My diagnosis came at age 18, and although I've been suffering with this a very long time, I've been in a remission for about 15 years.

I'm glad you took the step and decided to join us. Make yourself at home and let us know if we can help you in any way.

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Thanks everyone sometimes its just nice to talk to people that "get it"! lol remisson for 15 years WOW! that is hope if ive ever heard it lol i have been in for 6 now and i hope that it will continue.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hello and welcome to our family of the sky.

As you have already seen, all of us know the lonliness of any chronic illness. My heart hurts when i read of the very young women who face this every day. You will definitely find friends here, there are several members in their early 20s and trying to start a life while dealing with all of the hard blows that lupus brings with it.

i am so glad you found us, we will all be your friend, so welcome.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Angalicious,

As you can see from people's responses, you are definitely not alone. I really believe that the only people who can truly understand what it's like to live with Lupus, are other people with Lupus. You've come to the right place. Welcome, and please make yourself at home.

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Angalicious;
    You've already met and been welcomed by some of your members here. I just wanted to add my welcome and to let you know that we all understand how this disease can affect us and how lonely we can feel sometimes. We are all here to help you in any way that we can.
    Have you stopped by our arcade??? It is tons of fun and soooooo addictive. Although I, too, am rubbish at every game I try

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!