Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True Fear

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default True Fear

Well, I am all set to have surgery on friday and for some odd reason I am SO totally afraid! It is a major surgery, but a common surgery. A complete hysterectomy didnt sound so scary 8 weeks ago, but all of a sudden, this morning at pre-op I just completely froze. It is something that I know that I must do in order to feel any relief at all. The doctor also insists that it has been known to give lots of relief to lupus patients. I have talked to several doctors, I have done tons of research, but somehow I am still just utterly terrified! I have had 5 surgeries in the past 4 months. I dont know what my problem is! Please send lots of courage my way, and think of me being bored stiff all weekend in the hospital while recovering!! Thanks everyone!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Angie...

First off, I just said a prayer for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for the next few days to help you get through this. Of course you're scared. Completely natural whenever surgery is coming up quickly. And the pre-op appointment has a way of really forcing you to deal with all the feelings that go with a major surgery. You need some gentle, caring hugs right now....I'm sending them you're way >>>>

Wow...you've been through so much. That's just too many surgeries in such a short time. You've gotta be one tough lady to get through all that...to make that many recoveries. So that tells me something...that you've got a strong will and a positive attitude and you know what it takes to get through this. That will take you a long way in getting through this one too. Half of the battle is in the strength of your mind and your determination to help your body go through the healing process.

Might I suggest, if you're not already doing this, that you go to Psalms in your Bible and find the most comforting ones. That is something I always seek out when headed for something as major as surgery. (I use them at all other times in my life, as well, but definitely seek them out for this situation). And when you're in the hospital recovering, take all of us there with you too...in your heart! Know that we are thinking of you and praying for a wonderful outcome, and for a healing process that will get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.

And, of course, don't forget to take a few comforts from home when you go to the hospital....your Bible, your favorite comfy bathrobe and slippers, I would always take small framed pictures of my kids to keep my spirits up, and any other things that make you feel more comfortable during your stay.

When your mind starts to go to the worrying place, close your eyes, take a slow, calming breath, and go to your happy place (I'm guessing there are probably frogs there ) or say a prayer and ask God to bring you a sense of peace.

I'll be waiting to hear how well things went...can your husband maybe post something for us to let us know that you've come the surgery fine?

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Warning to men, look away now lol

Quote Originally Posted by froggal View Post
    Well, I am all set to have surgery on friday and for some odd reason I am SO totally afraid! It is a major surgery, but a common surgery. A complete hysterectomy didnt sound so scary 8 weeks ago, but all of a sudden, this morning at pre-op I just completely froze. It is something that I know that I must do in order to feel any relief at all. The doctor also insists that it has been known to give lots of relief to lupus patients. I have talked to several doctors, I have done tons of research, but somehow I am still just utterly terrified! I have had 5 surgeries in the past 4 months. I dont know what my problem is! Please send lots of courage my way, and think of me being bored stiff all weekend in the hospital while recovering!! Thanks everyone!
    You don't know what your problem is after having 5 surgeries in the past 4 months? Geeze girl surgery is not something you get better at the more you have it! You would not be normal if you were not filled with emotions.

That being said I can honestly say that my hysterectomy was the best surgery I have had. I've had many too. I felt sooooooooooooo much BETTER almost immediately. I'm not going to lie and say it's a painless party, I woke up very uncomfortable and my personal recovery time seemed to drag out but I only wish I had the surgery sooner.

BTW you prolly will not be bored all weekend you will be sleeping, if not you will wish you were and will gladly roll over when the nurse wakes you up for a shot. You hang in there, meditate till Friday to stay relaxed. It IS going to be OK. You know the drill; Relax, put on the gown, get into the bed, iv goes in smooth as silk, then it is nighty night and you wake up never needing to buy another sanitary napkin.

I gotta tell you about my first trip to the store after my hysterectomy. When I walked down the feminine hygiene products I was all giddy, haha I'll not be needing to buy you anymore! Two weeks later my teenage daughter started her first menstruation so I still had to buy pads and deal with wild psychotic mood swings..lol

{{{hugs}}}

It's going to be OK.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lori ~ Thank you for your kind words. I can always count on you to make me feel better.
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ayah ~ You just made me smile! Thank you for being a sweetie! I cannot help but laugh about the female products! I also have a teenage daughter, so I havent yet been able to I will never have to buy anymore. I can say however, I wont have to use anymore!! We should start a club! LOL

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As with Lori, I have also had many, many surgeries. However, the complete hysterectomy was the best surgery and, OMG, why did I wait soooo long to do it? Like Lori, no more feminine products for me..no more excruciating periods with massive bleeding (uggh). No more planning trips and vacations around my cycle and NO MORE PAIN!!!!
    It is a major surgery and does have a recovery period that is lengthy (for me, it was about 6 weeks). However, the long-term benefits are so worth it!
    I am sending you my prayers for a successful surgery with positive outcomes!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Froggirl, I'll be praying for you.I think I need to have this surgery too!!!!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hey its natrual to feel this way,its the unknown. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you good wishes all the way.Im sending some of my courage that landed on my step this week.I dont really need it now so here it comes get ready---->---->---->'sent'. I know its easy for us to say dont be scared cause im going for an op soon,but i'll be thinking of you and will wait to see you back on here posting telling us all went well,cause it will you know,go well and be over before you know it.

love
    Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Froggal,

I just noticed this post tonight, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I know you are scared, but remember you have the good thoughts and prayers of a bunch of people to back you up. You'll do fine, let us know how you are doing when you can.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Warning to men again, look away now lol

I'm praying for you tonight to be calm, confident and sleep well. You will be on my mind and deep in my heart through the night and all day tomorrow.

We will have to start a new club! Maybe we can call it "Freedom from the rag Fighters!

Oh and a little bummer news...after you have your hysterectomy, your teen grows up and moves out and THEN you say HA! Now I REALLY never need you feminine hygiene pads ever again! muaaahahahahahaaaaaa...

..well..you get a short reprieve before the bladder starts to get fussy...lol

Ayah
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah