Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Doctor realises i was right and WAS in pain!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default A Doctor realises i was right and WAS in pain!

Well this morning went to the chest clinic.Breathing bit lower than it should be,but the Doctor wanted to change my meds.I told them to leave it a few months as i have just got the breathing and Asthma attacks under control,so i will be reviewed again in 6 months.

Then this afternoon,went to another hospital.This time its the big one.My results of the MRI on the Jaw.
    Now let me tell you,ive never seen a Doctor change his whole attitude towards me in my life.But what joy i felt,when he realised after checking the scan....YES I WAS IN PAIN!!!
    His whole attitude changed and he treated and spoke to me in a not so cocky attitude. Turns out i need surgery and NOW! Ive been in so much pain as you all know since Christmas.The one hospital on Boxing day, drugged me up and kicked me out saying i needed a Dentist.
    I need surgery as my disc in my jaw has moved and its not in the right place.So my Jaw joint has flooded with water. He needs to manipulate my jaw back to where it should be,then inject steriods into both sides of the jaw joint.He also wants me to try a new drug to help with imflamation and pain.Its not yet approved by the nice guidelines as its so new,but he asked if i want it.To be honest ive been in so much pain i'll try anything.We'll discuss it on the day and i can change my mind.But he knows what he's doing,so im sure he would'nt put me at risk.
    I have to cotinue with all the pain meds and he said the pain in my neck n swelling should hopefully then calm down or even go away.
    I'll only be in a day,but i thought he'd say in the next few months.NO WAY...he said its urgent and wants me to have it done in a week or 2.
    Oh the joy im going to have when the complaints panel hear about this.They just left me sat in my nightclothes,drugged up and in so much pain and said see a dentist,cause they could'nt be bothered.Im even more angry with them now.
    I am terrified but wont think about it until i get the phone call.They'll just call any day then im in the next day. I know i'll not be able to eat or talk properly....so im getting in all my chocolate while i can

So glad i now know.He also asked if all my other joints were troubling me...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IVE BEEN TELLING DOCTORS THIS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!! So now...lets hope./..this may mean the M.E Doctor may believe me now.
    Thats it you see.....if you have depression and anxiety...everything after that diagnosis is ''its all in your head''.And how wrong they were!!!
    I felt like doing this as i walked out today.......>but i was good and didnt

Love and relief
    Angel.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so glad you finally got your answers. And after your surgery you will be pain free. I'm glad they are also listening to your other concerns. Wish doctors wasn't such a pain!!!!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm sorry you need to go in for surgery, but I sure am glad you know what the problem is, and that you are finally be taken seriously. It's going to be scary, but I'll bet you'll feel so much better after it's done. You know I flirted with a problem like yours last year. I've had bad tmj problems. Thankfully it's calmed down. Just remember, you stared down the MRI machine and won, so you can handle this too. I'm just glad you have an answer and a solution.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi wrights and Rob,

Thanks for your replies. Yes im so glad i know now.He said he would'nt know for sure until he manipulates my jaw, the complete problem.I did this without pain killers at Christmas 3 times,so am so glad i'll be asleep. I am worried though that after....im in more pain.He did tell me they used to open up the jaw and operate that way.But now they dont as th ligaments are different in your jaw to the rest you have in your body.Aint got a clue what he was saying,but just nodded lol. So hes manipulating the jaw,then injecting meds into the both sides of my jaw.It took 2 months really last time just to be able to yawn.He told me today DONT YAWN He said it will lock.So what have i been doing all night? Yes...saying the word yawn and yawning...allot.
    The Chronic fatigue doctor who diagnosed me with Lupus is in this same hospital.He seemed focused on my joints in my body.So im hoping he speaks to that Doctor so he then will also take me serious.
    What you have to do hey to prove you hurt!
    Anyway, hope you both are ok today and have coped with another day just fine.Thanks so much for your support.
    love
    Angel.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Angel, I need a Chronic Fatigue doctor. I wonder if we have them here.

Hope your doctors will listen to you!!! Your off to a better start!!! So sorry you can't yawn. That would be hard. Are any of your meds helping with the pain!!!
    Last edited by wrightrs; 04-23-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

outstanding, Angel

hopefully this all means that you will be treated differently (with the respect that you deserve) by these drs. and their staff. Sounds like you at least have this M.E. who is sympathetic to your situation, so maybe he can be your team leader....why don't you try asking him if he will help you get past the bad treatment elsewhere....i bet you don't have to worry about him having a bad attitude anymore...sounds like he is now on your side.

sorry you have to go through surgery....i am mostly afraid of the pain afterward myself...

hope you are having another good night's sleep....you have certainly earned it.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Angel what a relief that must be to just know that you can look the doc in the face and say "I told you so!" I am so happy that they are figuring this out! God bless you. You have been thru SO much. Hang in there sweetie, Relief is coming, I just know it!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Smile

Oh Angel...I'm so happy to read this post! How happy you must be that they've finally figured out what's been causing you such pain. I'm just so sorry that it's taken this much stress and suffering, and miserable doctor appointments, for you to reach this point.

But now they'll be able to provide some relief. I know that surgery...any surgery...is frightening, but it's going to be so much better when they can do this while you're asleep. I had a surgery on my vocal cords once, and the ENT injected both of my vocal cords with Cortisone and it helped me a huge amount, with pain and inflammation. It was amazing.

And remember that after the surgery is over, they'll take good care of you and make sure you have proper pain meds to stay on top of the pain. And that's what you need to remember to do...something I've learned going through all my different surgeries, is that you'll feel so much better recovering if you make sure to use your pain meds the right way and take them as often as the doctor prescribes, right on schedule, so the pain doesn't have a chance to come back full force, at least at first, for the first few days following the surgery. And just make sure you follow all their instructions, like resting and if they tell you to use ice packs on your jaw, or sleep with your head elevated, whatever it is they tell you to do, be sure you follow their instructions. I've found with surgeries that I recover so much quicker when I follow their instructions to a T.

I'm looking forward to the day when you can tell us that your jaw pain is so much better and you can finally eat properly again...and yawn...and sing...and yell at the neighbors (oh, wait, that's me) ...scratch the neighbor yelling.

You just take good care of yourself now and get ready for this surgery that is going to make things much better for you. Try your best to get what sleep you can over the days leading up to the surgery, and stay on top of the breathing and asthma issues so that doesn't affect you having surgery.

I'll be praying for a sense of peace for you concerning the upcoming surgery....and waiting for the day when you can tell us how wonderful you're feeling.

Hugs n all that good stuff...cuz you're our Angel!

Love,

Lori

Thanks

Relief is on the way... thank GOD!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angel, i am so happy for you to know you were right. makes you feel great i know.

if you get sick from being put to sleep they have a drug you can get before being put to sleep so you won't get sick. i get it all the time nothing like being dopey and getting sick so i learn the first time and never take a chance.

lets us know when you go so we can keep you in our thoughts.