Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help!

I entered this group 4 to 5 yrs. ago when first diagnosed with lupus. Personally I don't like handing my destiny to one single person ie. doctors. Would rather get many opinions and weigh which ones seem most applicable to my situation. I more or less abandoned the group when my situation seemed under control. What a laugh, is this disease ever really under control? Part of this arrogance stemmed from my I can handle anything attitude, which I think has been effectively whittled down. God does have a way of humbling you. All I can tell you is that we all have lows. What usually happens with me is when I get to where I can't stand myself anymore, I'll be having a pity party, when a little voice sneaks into my head, " I'll be dogged if I give up". I hope that you can find a place to come to where you can find our inner strength. I believe we all have it, just gotta find where it is.

Blog Entries

hi sugarfoot52,

welcome back, and nice to meet you....i am glad you had several years with "lupus under control". However, i am so sorry that it has resurfaced and roared its ugly head at you.

You have a great attitude, and you are right....i give in to it for a while, then i get weary and want to give up, then i get my "attitude" back and start working my way back up.

thanks for your wise words,

share a smile today