Thread: Update on my life

Thanks

Default Update on my life

Well to start with I have to say my life is going, and that's the biggest blessing of all. The wedding planning is going, as well as school. I have about 4 weeks of school left and 5 weeks until I graduate with my bachelor's degree in Psychology. It's been a long road, five hard years, and I'm finally seeing the finish line. My health has been a great struggle in getting to this point, but God has really been blessing me lately. My faith is growing stronger everyday!

My medicines are finally kicking in. The pain is beginning to subside, no pain free days yet, but I'm hopeful. My nerve issues are still troubling me. I had a fall two weeks ago, and I thought I had broken my foot. Luckily it's just a really bad sprain. I have about two weeks of hard physical therapy ahead of me and then I'll finally be off the crutches. I also will not have to worry about being on the crutches for graduation or my wedding I also found a pain medicine that is helping with the fibro pain (tramadol). It's really helping. My energy is also coming back slowly. Still good and bad days, still more bad than good, but I'm getting better, and it's an amazing feeling.

My fiance has been wonderful through this all too, and I thank God everyday for blessing me enough to put him in my life. He is so supportive and understand, and he does research all the time trying to help find a cure (he's a biomedical engineer and he and his collegues are trying to find new things to research) and to find information on helping me cope and new treatment options. He also drives me to all my doctor appointments and helps me buy my medicines and pay my bills when I'm too weak to work enough to pay them. He is my best friend, and continues to amaze me with his strength everyday.

It's still hard sometimes, but I know that God doesn't give us anything we cannot handle. I know that God has a plan for me, and Lupus, Fibro, Epilepsy, Bipolar and all my other health issues are just preparing me for His plan and all are only making me a stronger person. It's taken me a long time to get to the point where I can say this, and I've not always been God's biggest fan, but here I am now, opening my life to Him, and allowing Him to lead my life where He has planned.

I'm sorry this is so long, but I really just needed to get all of these emotions out. I'm so happy right now, and I know it's crazy, since I'm still so sick, but everything is really looking up. I hope everyone else is getting better as well, and I wish you all the best of health and happiness.

Thanks for listening to me! I appreciate you all so much, and you can't begin to know how much you ALL have helped me! (well maybe you can, since you all probably get this much help too! ) Have a great week, ALL!

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Amanda,

Its good to hear that things are finally going well for you and that you are on the road to recovery!

I know how it feels just to write it all out and know that others are listening. It is a good feeling.

Take care and my thoughts are with you!

xx Hazel

Thanks

I forgot to mention my hair loss. I made the decision to shave my hair on Saturday. I also bought a wig, and I love it. I can sit at my house and my head is so cool. The reason I shaved it all off is because the entire top of my head was bald. I was tired of having to wear scarves on my head. People that don't know I'm sick began asking if I had cancer...they were joking, but it kinda hurt. I am very happy with this decision. I know I will not have my hair back for the wedding in July, but I'm okay with it. I will find a very nice wig for the wedding and for the honeymoon. Tomorrow will be the first day my friends have got to see it, so I'll let you guys know what they think about it.

Thanks

thanks for the kind words hazel. It certainly does help to know that someone is listening and I don't have to vent so much to my friends, I know they must get tired of hearing me at times. I hope all is well with you and that you have a very healthy week!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

morning adl011

Oh, what an exciting spring you are having....meds are starting to work, you are having some good days, you found a wig, you are graduating, you are getting married to your best friend, and going on a honeymoon. I am so happy for you,,,, you have worked so hard and now you are reaping the rewards.

yes, please let us know about your friends' response to the wig...i know it is beautiful, and i hope it helps your feelings about your appearance....i know you are beautiful with or without your hair or wig.

have a good day, enjoy all of your upcoming excitement.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Amanda,

Good stories can never be too long. Many of us struggle with little or no progress in managing Lupus, so it's always uplifting to read a story such as yours. It gives hope. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im so glad to hear from you.Was wondering about you and your hair.WELL DONE! You'll find now its all shaved, what fun your in for. Wigs,scarfs hats caps...oh so exciting.And when it grows back,such fun ahead.
    So glad the pain is easing and life is a touch better now. Keep us updated on the wedding so excited for you.We'll all be here ready with the confetti on the day.So if its messy in here when you get back...you know why
    Sending you gentle hugs.
    love
    Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Amanda;
    This is the place where we all love to hear good news and there is no such thing as a post filled with good news being too long
    I am so happy to hear that you are doing better, both physically and emotionally. You are nearing the achievements of your dreams and that is something to celebrate and be ecstatic about! I know that, on your wedding day, you will be a beautiful bride and on your graduation day, you will be an exceptional graduate!

I am thrilled for you and honored that you chose us to share your good news with!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Today has been a rough day, but all and all I'm still feeling better overall. I have just been so tired from having to go to physical therapy every other day and still working and going to school. It's just a little exhausting.

Any way on to more good news. All my friends absolutely love my new wig. It's a little darker than my natural hair color, but I still think it looks nice. My family will get to see the new look next week, and they are very excited about seeing me too. It's been almost 4 months since I've been able to make the trek home, so they are definitely ready to see me.

I hope everyone else is having great health and happiness today, and continues having it for a long time! Thanks for all the well wishes. I really appreciated them all!

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

good morning amanda,

hooray for friends and your new "hair do". I am so glad that you are smiling about this, especially with the upcoming wedding. I know your family will also love it, and you might even get a few whistles.

sorry you are having some bad days, i can't imagine going to physical therapy right now....i would probably have to hit the therapist after just a few minutes, for making me hurt. you are a good woman.
    Phyllis

share a smile today