Thread: I am losing my mind worrying

Thanks

Default I am losing my mind worrying

All of my test results came back normal after having a mild ANA. I still have some muscle spasms in my legs, sciatica pain. No fatigue though. Could I still have Lupus? I don't want it. I just want to know if the muscle spasms are normal or if there is something wrong? Please some reassurance. Thanks! -Wendy

Thanks

If you didn't see you blood tests results yourself, I wouldn't believe they were "normal." I have sciatica pain and some weird sporadic muscle spasms.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Silverlioness:
    Welcome to our forum and our family!!
    Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that can affect various parts of the body, especially the skin, joints, blood, and kidneys. The body's immune system normally makes proteins called antibodies to protect the body against viruses, bacteria, and other foreign materials. These foreign materials are called antigens. In an autoimmune disorder such as lupus, the immune system loses its ability to tell the difference between foreign substances (antigens) and its own cells and tissues. The immune system then makes antibodies directed against "self." These antibodies, called "auto-antibodies," react with the "self" antigens to form immune complexes. The immune complexes build up in the tissues and can cause inflammation, injury to tissues, and pain.Because many lupus symptoms mimic other illnesses, are sometimes vague and may come and go, lupus can be difficult to diagnose. Diagnosis is usually made by a careful review of a person's entire medical history coupled with an analysis of the results obtained in routine laboratory tests and some specialized tests related to immune status. Currently, there is no single laboratory test that can determine whether a person has lupus or not. To assist the physician in the diagnosis of lupus, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) in 1982 issued a list of 11 symptoms or signs that help distinguish lupus from other diseases (see table below). This has recently been revised. A person should have four or more of these symptoms to suspect lupus. The symptoms do not all have to occur at the same time.
    Ask your doctor to give you a copy of your test results and explain them to you so that you will have a better understanding!!
    I hope that I have been helpful :lol:
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default remission

the only thing i could think of is you might have gone into remission. I have RA due to Lupus and I once went into a 2 yr remission, and might be going into it again.

Thanks

Thanks, Saysusie. I'm glad I found this site.