Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MountainDreamers heart op soon!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Phyllis;
    For such a complicated procedure, I can't believe that it only requires one day in the hospital
    At any rate, I am wishing you a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and a perfectly working heart

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    wow, what a huge surprise,

thanks to everyone, i did not expect Angel to do this, but is guess she is really feeling feisty now, and is on a roll....you keep rolling my friend.

I have atrial fibrilation, my heart will not stay in rhythm, and speeds up to 160-180 beats per minute, and my regular rate is between 60 and 80. It is not related to lupus, it is something totally unrelated. I have been living with this for some time now, but recently it has gotten worse, and only after joining this group did i decide that i should get everything checked....i thought my fibromyalgia was causing the pressure and whacky rhythm.

I went to see my GP, she did a ekg, put me in a wheel chair, and her nurse rolled me accross the hospital parking lot and into the emergency room (her office is in the professional building on the hospital grounds, and when she called the er and requested they respond, they told her it would be 30 minutes before they could come get me) ....i was there three days, and came home with a diagnosis for something that "was not just my lupus". It was amazing, i had a physician's assistant that was watching out for me while in the emergency room, and i heard her tell someone that i was fine, my lupus was causing this....i wanted to get up and slap her, but she did successfully conduct a precision treatment on me that got my heart back into rhythm and slowed down.

So, the cardiologist tries me on different meds, and my heart rate slowed down to 30 beats a minute, so off to the hospital i go again, got it back up, changed my meds, and home again i went.

The procedure involves going into both sides of my groin, following the vein (with a cathater (sp)) up to my heart. They are going to encircle one of the nodes that transmits the electricity to my heart with a balloon, freeze the node, and kill it. This is an incredibly vague description of the procedure...they have explained everything using all their big words, and i forget before i even leave the office... Sometimes i want to say "you know i have lupus brain fog, and will never remember this stuff"....but i don't.

I only have to stay in the hospital for one night, they just want to make sure that the places in my groin are not going to bleed. I will be fine after a few days of rest, and look forward to my heart not jumping all over my chest.

thanks to everyone, i truly appreciate each of you, you all are my family and i will be sure and keep you posted....

Hi Phyllis,

My sister had the same thing done, she was in the hospital for a week, BUT that was in Germany. In Germany you stay in the hospital for a week, after having a baby, they don't kick you out as fast as they do here. Again good luck and chin up, we are pulling for you.
    BTW, my sister said the op was no big deal.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Phyllis,

Hope you are getting all set for the 28th and not worrying too much.We'll all be thinking of ya on the day and sending good vibes to you.Who is looking after Roscoe? Oh and is your daughter doing ok?

love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Smile

Wow...this one slipped past me, Phyllis.

I'm joining the others in wishing you a successful operation...and a very speedy recovery. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best medical care available to you...I'll pray for peace of mind and strength for you as you head in to the O.R....and for the doctors and nurses who are caring for you. And I'll add a few prayers for your kids, who I know will be worrying and waiting for all of this to be over.

You just keep your thoughts focused on how good you're going to feel once they fix you up....and thoughts of each of your kids and your beautiful grandchildren, who love you so very much. And don't forget your Roscoe...he'll be there for you when you return home and keep you company as you recover.

We all Love you here...and you can take that with you into this surgery as well.

We'll all band together next Tuesday and think of you throughout the day...sending you a big WHL grouphug....

Much Love,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks angel and lori,

my procedure starts at 8am central (that is 2pm for you A). It will last 4 to 6 hours, My son Lee is coming to town to take care of Roscoe and my daughter's dog...she is still in Australia. I told Lee that i would rest a lot better if i knew he was here taking care of the dogs, than if he was at the hospital.

Amber will be with me, and my parents are coming to town...Jim will be on the road, but he will be around next weekend to help me. I am so fortunate to have the support....plus all of you guys here in my family of the sky.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Sending prayers and well wishes your way.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Phyllis im glad too.They will be happier with Lee as they know him. Just before you go to sleep.....on the big day....just remember...we are all around the bed with you all holding you,brushing your hair...painting your nails.....massaging your feet.....giving you positive words...so you just relax at that point just think of us all thinking of you!!

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Phyllis my prayers are with you and I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi everyone,

thanks angel, i will definitely be imaging all of you pampering me.

i will be around tonight, and then will be off for a few days. i have to go to hospital tomorrow for tests, then will be staying in a hotel close to hospital because i have to be there at 6:00 am tuesday morning, then procedure and have to stay at least one night....so,. i should be back by wednesday night. I will be on later tonight for a while.

just want to thank all of you again, it is amazing how much strength your support has given me.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Praying hard Phyllis
    Kasey
    aka SuperNoodle

I am a Lupie Lethologica Goofy Groupie

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Wife to my HubbyMan and Mom to a Multitude! Lovin' my sweet pup Ellie!
    Come visit our new store, www.hayleystreasures.com