Thread: Hi, new here

Thanks

Default Hi, new here

Hi, my name is Tracy, I am a mom to 3 great kids, ages 12, 9, and 5. My 12 year old was diagnosed with lupus 4 years ago and my 9 year old was diagnosed with lupus last summer. I am just looking for support, new information, and friendship. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry you and your two children have lupus. You will get a lot of support here. I wanted to welcome you to the site. Hope your well and are having a great weekend.
    Last edited by wrightrs; 04-19-2009 at 12:18 AM.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

Hi Tracy,

I'm maria and I would like to welcome you to our family. Everyone on here is really nice and can give really good advice. I hope that you find comfort and support here. I'm very sorry to hear that 2 of your kids have SLE, that can't be easy on you or them. I was just diagnosed back in Sept 08 after being in the hospital for almost a week.
    God Bless you always,

Maria

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi tracy,

you have found the best source of friendship, guidance, and support. There is a wide diversity of members and you will certainly find several in your same shoes....we have members who struggle trying to help their young children who have been disgnosed with sle.

so sorry you are experiencing this, i know (from my own experiences) that the illness of one of our children is so heart wrenching, and especially scary because we want to make them ok...

i am glad that you are here, and look forward to sharing stories with you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tracy;
    Welcome to our family. I am sorry to hear that your children have been diagnosed with Lupus. Please know that we are here to help you in any way that we can and you will find a wealth of information and understanding from our members. You are doing the absolute correct thing by learning as much as you can about Lupus and how it affects your children. We are here to help you do that!
    Again....Welcome!
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I have already learned more info just looking over some of the old posts. I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks again

Thanks

Smile

Hello Tracy...

Just wanted to welcome you with open arms. I'm glad you found us and decided to post. I, too, am sorry you're having to deal with Lupus in your kids. My heart goes out to you. Sending you gentle, understanding hugs from one Mom to another.

You've definitely found the right place for loads of information about Lupus, plenty of understanding, helpful people, and support for whatever you are challenged with when it comes to Lupus. I've been living with it for 27 years, diagnosed at age 18. I thought I'd show up to give you some hope....I've been in remission for about 15 years now.

This disease is unpredictable to say the least, and of course everyone is different in how it affects them, but I am of the belief that if you take good care of yourself...meaning eat a healthy diet, take your meds, get plenty of rest, etc., find a good doctor that will team up with you to provide the best medical care possible, take care in dealing with sun and UV ray exposure, and find ways to reduce the stress in your daily life as much as possible, then Lupus can be managed and lived with. When I slowed down and really took the time to focus on those things, I found things got better and better for me.

I hope and pray that a lasting remission will be in the future for each of your children.

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Tracy!
    I hope you get all the answers you are looking for, as for everything else, you will most certainly find friendship and support here! We are happy to have you. God bless you and your children! Always a friend~ Angie
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Welcome

Just wanted to welcome you to this site. the people here are amazing. wonderful support. sorry about your children, if you need to vent or ask questions your at the right place.

WELCOME