Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi I'm Samantha.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks from everyone, you truly don't know what this means.

I have been experiencing the symptoms for, I guess, 10 years now but it gets worse in cycles, about every three years or so I have major outbreaks of rashes and hives and extreme pain with no relief from any anti-histamines or pain relievers. Of course on a daily basis I have the pain and fatigue. Like I said my gallbladder came out 6 weeks ago and that could have been attributed to lupus. Anyway I'll stop rambling for today. I'm working on a scrapbook for my paramedic academy class! YAY!

Looking forward to many years of support from y'all!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Samantha and Welcome!
    You have come to the right place to get support and love! Please don't be scared about anything in life. I know th unknowing can be scary but with God all things are possible! You will carry and have your own children but you have to believe this for yourself....claim victory for yourself. I was in so much pain when I was first diagnosed that I only wanted to be out of pain. Now that my pain is gone all I want is to go into remission and be healthy and I last week I started working out at the gym to move towards that goal. Baby steps towards what you want. Keep your head up and keep being positive as anything is possible for you!
    Welcome again!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Samantha!

Glad you found us. You are a fascinating young woman, we are blessed to get to know you. Sorry for what you are going through but as others have stated, you are not alone. This forum has become my lifeline to sanity in living with lupus.
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Samanthaa;
    I am Saysusie, Moderator/Administrator here at WHL. I am so glad that you found us and that you've already seen how helpful and kind our members are.
    You've been given some excellent advice and support. I just wanted to add my welcome to those you've already received! Glad that you are here

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Smile

Hello Samantha...

Just wanted to add my welcome to the bunch! Sending you a gentle, understanding HUG... ...because I care.

Man, you've really been through it. What a tough time you've had. There is such a full range of emotions that come after that diagnosis...I remember it well. Your head must be swimming with everything from questions about what to expect, to your own upheaval of emotions. I remember going through the many stages of denial, anger, grief, deep sadness, and feeling all alone. I saw you mention that you just broke down crying and couldn't explain why to your boyfriend. Please know that it is completely normal to do this. You've been given a lifechanging diagnosis and it's normal to feel scared and overwhelmed and have it come bubbling to the surface as tears out of nowhere. Plus, you're still recovering from surgery and that takes an extra toll on your body and emotions. I say, allow yourself to have those feelings, the emotional crying....and tell your boyfriend (who sounds very understanding and caring) that he doesn't have to try to help you stop crying or lift your spirits right at that moment, you just need him to hold you and give you his strength. Many times, that was all I needed at any given moment from my husband. I'd tell him that sometimes I'd just feel weak and scared and frustrated, and all I needed was to feel his arms around me and feel some of his strength make it's way to my body. That's some of the stuff that has gotten me through the worst of my 27 years with Lupus.

I also wanted to give you some hope for the future. I was diagnosed at age 18, right out of high school. I had doctors tell me I should probably never try to have children. I was absolutely devastated! I cried for days. But with the help of my supportive husband, and a fantastic team of doctors over the years, I have been blessed with 2 miracles....my son, who is 16 now, and my daughter, who is 12....13 in a few weeks (she's been waiting forever, according to her, to be a teenager, so I added that for her.)

Never stop hoping for a miracle! I thought I would never have children, especially after having a miscarriage. We honestly do not know what our futures hold...sometimes absolutely wonderful things happen. I've been in a lasting remission now for about 15 years.

Remember, it's important that you do everything you can to take good care of yourself (you being in the medical field, I know you understand this), make sure you find the best doctors available to you, and keep educating yourself and arm yourself with knowledge about this disease. And of course, come here, we'll all be your friend and be there whenever you need someone to lean on.

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Samantha and welcome!! Glad that you have decided to join. We dont care about rambling so please stop apologizing!! You will meet lots of awesome people here who just so happen to be smart! Hopefully, we will get to know you! Always a friend ~ Angie
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!