Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I need to know I learned in kindergarten

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile All I need to know I learned in kindergarten

Have you ever stopped to think about the things that you have learned here at We Have Lupus? It almost feels like kindergarten all over again! Remember when learning wasnt just new, but it was fun and fascinating? I have learned, or better yet, re-learned so many vital things that somehow thru the years I have just simply forgotten (intentional or unintentional?) 1. I am learning, to the amazement of my children, I can use the computer!! 2. I can still type . . .VERY WELL! 3. People still do really care about other people 4. I should take the advice of my children more seriously and more often. (it was their idea for me to "check" this place out) 5. There are so many people who struggle much worse than I do just to get out of bed everyday. 6. I can still play Mahjong! 7. I dont always have to be positive! It is okay to feel down. 8. My doctor is NOT always right! 9. I am not too old to like frogs! 10. When you feel all hope is lost, there is a place you can go where people help you find it. A place where people not only open their arms, but they open their hearts and somehow you just dont feel alone anymore. I could go on forever about the things that I have learned/re-learned in my short time here. I would love to hear the things that other people have learned, re-learned, or even just remembered!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Smile

Beautiful Froggal....this is a perfect thread to honor WeHaveLupus. I enjoyed your list of 10 immensely...fun read.

What have I learned at WHL...???

1. That some of the most fantastic, caring, amazing, people from all corners of the planet get Lupus...and it makes me sad.

2. That I am no longer all alone...there are people that 'understand' me. You cannot imagine the joy that brings me.

3. That even though I do not pull a 9 to 5 job at the office, I do have something to offer others. I have discovered my years of experience with Lupus has some value after all.

4. That I have a very, very strong empathy for fellow sufferers here. I never knew I could feel this way about people I'd meet on the internet.

5. That you can have fun in a Forum! It's okay to be yourself.

6. That I have friends now. I asked God to please bring me one friend....he did way better than that.

7. That it's okay to feel the way I do...every one of my feelings and emotions over the years with Lupus have been validated here. I am finally at peace with many of them.

8. That Conrad is amazing!

9. That Saysusie is a dear, sweet Angel on earth and I thank her for this Forum, a home for all of us.

10. That Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs is one of the most beautiful, kind hearted, loving people that has graced this earth. She was a dearly loved Wife and Daughter. I wish I had been blessed to know her.

Fondly,

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 04-18-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Brain fog

Thanks

Question

Where are all the other WHL kindergartners hiding?

Come on...do tell...what have YOU learned here?

Lori

Thanks

I don't think that I can write as much and as well as you guys did ( Mr. Foggy is sitting in my brain, directing my fingers and my thoughts).
    1.I am greatful to have found this forum.
    2.There are people that understand, what I am talking about.
    3.Not everybody has a spouse that is supportive, I am very lucky that I do.
    4.Housework is not that impotant.
    5.When I can't sleep, somebody will be here to talk.
    6.I have learned alot of do's and don'ts.
    7.If I am down, I can find alot of things here that make me laugh.
    8.Now my brain is mush.

Debbie

Thanks

That was wonderful...Debbie....I really enjoyed it.

The only way my words came out like they did is cuz I stayed up till 2 AM to perfect it....I was bored and couldn't sleep last night. It took me forever to get it right.

I love that you ended up with 'and now my brain is mush'. That fog sure can dampen our thoughts and communicating skills, but it cannot keep us from pushing through and expressing ourselves...even if it has to be in short sentences.

Thanks for sharing.

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for responding!! Totally makes me smile to read what has been written. Another thing I have learned . . . I have SO much to be thankful for and I need to think about those things more often!! Also, punctuation is really not that important!!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You all write such beautiful things, I'm very foggy. But I might write more later.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

ok, I'll be a brave WHL soldier and take a stab at it:

1. I've learned that no matter how long our time on this earth, our existence has a purpose and many time will live on as it has with Lauri and if it had not been for her life, we might not all have one another.

2. I am thankful thought our founder followed her heart and spirit to create this wonderful site.

3. I've learned that I don't have to face this alone.

4. I've learned that there are others here that can empathize with how I feel at any given time for any given situation.

5. I've learned that family reaches outside of the walls of our "home address' and can extend to our cyber homes.

6. I've learned that although us luppies may suffer with fog brains quite often, we are a very smart bunch so the "non-lupies" better thank their lucky stars cause we would probably be running more than we do.

7. I've learned how to make comments out of love.

8. I've learned all kinds of things about meds.

9. I've learned some new recipes, now need to go and try some.

10. I've learned that despite how dark it may seem for us at times, GOD is still the light that shines within us so that others may still be able to see HIM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It has taken me a while to post in this thread because each time that I read it, I cried a bit!!

I just want to say to everyone:
    I had a wish to help others who suffered like my daughter. This wish was in my heart, never spoken with words. I have a very dear friend who, somehow, felt my wish and/or God sent Conrad to me. He told me one day, as I was recording a CD in honor of my daughter, that he wanted to give me a forum for Lupus sufferers to help one another. He wanted to give this gift to me because he cared about me and about others who suffer with this disease. At the time, I had no idea what a forum was or how to use it. But, he set it up for me, gave it a name and told me to use it as my heart dictated.

That was 8 years ago (2001) and we started out with maybe only 10-15 members. But, each and every one of them was very important to me.
    That same friend, our beloved Administrator, my dearest friend, Conrad, continues to offer this forum for free (he pays the monthly fee out of his pocket) and he makes sure that it is always running smoothly, always updated, and always filled with exciting games, gadgets and capabilities!

Now, our family is GLOBAL (I still am in awe of the members here) and every single person here is a testament to the goodness and kindness of humanity. It cannot be a coincidence that so many wonderful people exist and participate in this forum; and I believe that we are all a measure of the cosmic reality that is truly the representation of the human race. What we are for and to one another is what I want to believe we are meant to be..each and every one of us. The more that we extend the best of ourselves to another, the more that we receive the best of everyone around us. As such, WHL has been a dream fulfilled for me and it will always be a place where others can find safety, acceptance, understanding, and...most importantly....the security of knowing that no one is ever alone. WHL will be here for our lives and I hope that it continues long after we are gone!! If not in this particular format, then at least in the caring that we have for one another!

I thank you, Froggal, for starting this thread and for sharing yourself in your post.
    Rastagirl (Lori) - Your words are, as always, very kind, filled with affection and passion. Thank you for always giving.
    PIP - "Love" is what pours out of everyone here and is the common thread that binds us all on WHL! You've been with us for quite a while and I am thankful for all that you've contributed.
    Debbie; Everytime one writes what is in their heart, their words flow beautifully - as did yours!
    Wrightrs - Whenever you are ready to write, we are here for you.

With Immense Affection, Love, Peace and Blessings for you all
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Susie!! How your words have touched my heart!! Thank you for your wonderful heart, and everything you put into WHL. I am so thankful that my chidren found WHL, but I am more thankful that I actually realized it was important to them that I have people in my life who understand me. I have found that here with all of you. I will be forever grateful that when I wake up at night in pain, I no longer suffer alone. The most important thing I have learned here . . . Never lose faith, you are only truly alone if you choose to be that way. I love you guys!!