Thread: All I need to know I learned in kindergarten

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile All I need to know I learned in kindergarten

Have you ever stopped to think about the things that you have learned here at We Have Lupus? It almost feels like kindergarten all over again! Remember when learning wasnt just new, but it was fun and fascinating? I have learned, or better yet, re-learned so many vital things that somehow thru the years I have just simply forgotten (intentional or unintentional?) 1. I am learning, to the amazement of my children, I can use the computer!! 2. I can still type . . .VERY WELL! 3. People still do really care about other people 4. I should take the advice of my children more seriously and more often. (it was their idea for me to "check" this place out) 5. There are so many people who struggle much worse than I do just to get out of bed everyday. 6. I can still play Mahjong! 7. I dont always have to be positive! It is okay to feel down. 8. My doctor is NOT always right! 9. I am not too old to like frogs! 10. When you feel all hope is lost, there is a place you can go where people help you find it. A place where people not only open their arms, but they open their hearts and somehow you just dont feel alone anymore. I could go on forever about the things that I have learned/re-learned in my short time here. I would love to hear the things that other people have learned, re-learned, or even just remembered!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Thanks

Smile

Beautiful Froggal....this is a perfect thread to honor WeHaveLupus. I enjoyed your list of 10 immensely...fun read.

What have I learned at WHL...???

1. That some of the most fantastic, caring, amazing, people from all corners of the planet get Lupus...and it makes me sad.

2. That I am no longer all alone...there are people that 'understand' me. You cannot imagine the joy that brings me.

3. That even though I do not pull a 9 to 5 job at the office, I do have something to offer others. I have discovered my years of experience with Lupus has some value after all.

4. That I have a very, very strong empathy for fellow sufferers here. I never knew I could feel this way about people I'd meet on the internet.

5. That you can have fun in a Forum! It's okay to be yourself.

6. That I have friends now. I asked God to please bring me one friend....he did way better than that.

7. That it's okay to feel the way I do...every one of my feelings and emotions over the years with Lupus have been validated here. I am finally at peace with many of them.

8. That Conrad is amazing!

9. That Saysusie is a dear, sweet Angel on earth and I thank her for this Forum, a home for all of us.

10. That Lauri Amber Reinke-Diggs is one of the most beautiful, kind hearted, loving people that has graced this earth. She was a dearly loved Wife and Daughter. I wish I had been blessed to know her.

Fondly,

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 04-18-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Brain fog

Thanks

Question

Where are all the other WHL kindergartners hiding?

Come on...do tell...what have YOU learned here?

Lori

Thanks

I don't think that I can write as much and as well as you guys did ( Mr. Foggy is sitting in my brain, directing my fingers and my thoughts).
    1.I am greatful to have found this forum.
    2.There are people that understand, what I am talking about.
    3.Not everybody has a spouse that is supportive, I am very lucky that I do.
    4.Housework is not that impotant.
    5.When I can't sleep, somebody will be here to talk.
    6.I have learned alot of do's and don'ts.
    7.If I am down, I can find alot of things here that make me laugh.
    8.Now my brain is mush.

Debbie

Thanks

That was wonderful...Debbie....I really enjoyed it.

The only way my words came out like they did is cuz I stayed up till 2 AM to perfect it....I was bored and couldn't sleep last night. It took me forever to get it right.

I love that you ended up with 'and now my brain is mush'. That fog sure can dampen our thoughts and communicating skills, but it cannot keep us from pushing through and expressing ourselves...even if it has to be in short sentences.

Thanks for sharing.

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for responding!! Totally makes me smile to read what has been written. Another thing I have learned . . . I have SO much to be thankful for and I need to think about those things more often!! Also, punctuation is really not that important!!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!