Thread: Saw rumy today and i am so confused

Thanks

Angry Saw rumy today and i am so confused

Okay today was appt. with my new rhumy (wekk the only one i have ever seen)... This man i tell u confused me death I went in all prepared took in all test results from my pcp now and my old pcp (which is the one that diagonsed me with lupus). So here goes 1st off he started by asking me what tha problems was then he goes into asking me about my pain and where it is located and all, why i understand him needing some background information and all I just felt he didn't want to do his job by reading the medical records that i provided him with. After this was said and done he went over some of the medical records but had the dates all wrong i tried explaing the dates to him but he wouldn't listening then he tells me that he does not think that i have lupus that he thinks that i have developed some kind of arthisis caused by a possible std that i had like 10 yrs ago. As soon as got home i explored the intermet about this std and the cause i also checked the medications that i was given and there was anything on any site that i found that stated either on can cause any type of arthsis at anytime. I am so lost and so tired of going threw this!!!!! I just want a doctor that will listen to me and that will do there job and find out what is wrong because i am so tired of being in pain and being fatigue and all that other stuff I want to be able to go out and play with my childern and take them places without being so tired that after about an hour or so i am ready to come!

But in all he did run somemore test and i go back for the results on May 1st..... oh and i did ask him if there was some kinda test for this arthsis that he says i may have and he said no there are no test what so ever.... so i am thinkin if there is no test for what u think i may have then why did u take 10 tubes of blood from me?

I am staying to stay strong and hoping that this doctor actually better than his impression was to me today.
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh parisse,

i certainly see why you came away feeling confused. I am glad that he took blood and your lab results will hopefully give him more information for your next appt. Very often, drs. want test results from their preferred labs, so they don't really study tests from other drs.

Also, i am especially glad that he is seeing you again so quickly. so many times, they make us wait 3 months or so.

My rheumy at first thought i had arthritis too, but i was very specific when i showed her that my joints/bones weren't hurting. I was able to show her that the pain was around the joint.

Go back on May 1 (can someone go with you to take notes), and see if you leave feeling less confused....i hope so.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

lupus has forced me over the years to see more doctors than I ever dreamed I would have to. I have met all kinds of doctors. Some were very nice, and willing to listen, but there were a few like the one you described, who were real Jerks! When I found myself in the presence of one of those weirdos, I got through the appointment and never darkened their door way again. My best advise is for you is to locate a lupus Foundation support group in your state. They can supply you with a wealth of information, and might even put you in contact with a support group close to your home. These support groups are a great help, and can help you clear up your confusion about lupus. It is a place where you can feel free to ask questions from other lupus people who may have been dealing with this disease for a long time, and can help you to understand lupus better.I know we need doctors, but I have gained a very low opinion of many (not all) doctors who treat lupus women with very little empathy or respect.There are some good ones available but you have to keep searching until you find a good one.- Usually by trial and error.Keep looking. God will eventually lead you to a decent, knowledgeable doctor. Good luck.
    Last edited by preshad; 04-15-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: left out a word

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

just thought I will send u a chin up.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What kind of arthritis did he think you have? And, there are tests to determine inflammation and other markers for arthritis..so he is lying to you!
    Do you know what blood tests he took? If you do, let us know because it could help determine what he is looking for.
    Lupus often appears, early in the disease, as false positive for STD. If doctors fail to explore this further, that STD is labeled on your records forever. Perhaps you should discuss this with him at your next visit. Also, at your next visit, ask him to stop for one moment and just listen to you! You realize that he is busy, but this is your life and your health and you want to make sure that you and he are working together on this. Otherwise, you feel as if he has no interest in you and no inclination to help you. If this is how he feels, then ask him to please refer you to a doctor who is willing to listen to you.
    That conversation usually opens the door for a much better relationship, once the doctor realizes that you are intelligent and aggressive about YOUR HEALTH!!
    Please let us know what blood tests he ran so that we can help you figure out what is going on.

Best of Luck
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

1st off I would like to thank u all for ur responese and they have giving me alot to think about.... I am going to start keeping a daily journal of things that r going on with body so that I will be better able to tell him what and how i feel on a daily basis. Saysusie I really really really thank u for that information because i was on the internet for a while looking up this std that he said cold have cause athris but i found nothing. and no i do not know what test he ran but it was 10 tubes of blood and do plan on asking many questions when i return.
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown