Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I made it

Thanks

Red face I made it

Hi all,

My husband and I made it to TN safe and sound. We have been here for about 2 weeks and it took a while for our internet to be back up cause the phone company here was so far behind. I just wanted to say thanks for all the love and prayers from all of you.

Talk to everyone soon,
    Maria
    God Bless you always,

Maria

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad you made it and have your Internet back!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile

Welcome back!!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi maria,

so glad you survived the move, and the delay in internet installation. Tennessee folks move at their own pace, and i don't think they will ever change...i am not being ugly, I was born in TN and love to camp in the gorgeous mountains.

i look forward to hearing your story about the move, and your new home. hope your husband is settling into his new job, and i hope neighbors are showing their southern hospitality.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad you made it safely. I posted a response to your other thread here!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Smile

Thanks for letting us know, Maria. And glad you survived the move. I hope you didn't stress yourself too much. Remember to take it easy when you can and get enough rest. You want to be able to enjoy the new home.

Have fun getting settled and making it your home sweet home.

Blessings,

Lori

Thanks

Hi Maria! Glad you rmove went ok! WELCOME back!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Thank you all for the warm welcome back.
    God Bless you always,

Maria

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome back .

love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default Reply to the story of the move

Hi all,

Some of you posted that you wanted to hear how the move went. Well on the day of the move we went to go and cash my check then we got the trailor. When we came back we had our friend and his 2 sons waiting for us. Well to our suprise about an hour later we had all the boxes and furniture in the trailor. So all we had left was the odds and ends stuff. Well our 2 other friends came over and helped us load the odds and ends stuff into the trailor. When that was done we went to dinner togather to have a final dinner with them cause we wouldn't see them again for a long time. So we treated them to subway. After we had dinner we came back to the house where my husband had 2 of his friends show up. So all togather we had 6 people in the house and we just hung out for a while cause everything was done and we were just saying goodbye. Well about 9:30PM that night we said our final goodbye's and took off. We stopped by Wal-mart to pick up some lunch meat, soda and snacks for the trip cause we didn't want to waste our money on eating out at fast food on the way down. Now in the car we had us and 2 cats and a dog travleing in the car. The cats were in individual cat carriers and the dog was on a leash. After we got our groceries for the trip we loaded them into our cooler with a 22lb of ice and finally hit the road. As we were leaving it started to rain. Now the other thing i didn't mention is that the car had no working blower motor so the defroster didn't work. Well we made it through to IN then we found a rest area where we slept for about 6 hours. Then when we woke up we continued on our journey. We went straight through IN to KY. Now we should have gone US65 to US 40 but our GPS system told us to take HWY 127 through KY into TN. That was a pain cause it was the scenic route. We were going stop and go and going up some of those mountains was scary cause they didn't have guard rails and the curves were sharp. Well we should have arrived in TN by like 6pm but because of the scenic route we didn't get home till almost midnight. When we got here we had to find the hide a key in the dark. That was fun LOL. Then we brought the animals in and set up the air matress for the night and went to bed. The next morning we woke up and unloaded the trailor with some help cause I can't lift anyting heavy and then returned the trailor. So there you have it the story of our move. All in all the move went very smooth. Again thank you all for your prayers.
    God Bless you always,

Maria