Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem With So Many Doctors

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Problem With So Many Doctors

Like most people with Lupus, I have a lot of doctors. When I tell one doctor about a problem I have. They always tell me to tell another doctor. Then when I tell the other doctor. They tell me to tell another doctor. It's a big run around and nothing gets done. I was wondering about how any of you handle this!!!

Thanks

We all relate totally! It is soooooo hard to find a good competent Dr, thats not arrogant or has a God complex, where he is always right, your always wrong and makes you feel like a hypochondriac! Sorry, sweetie! I cant tell you how to deal with them. I still breakdown like crybaby when I try to talk to them. Hugs Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

You know what has HELPED in this area with me Wrightrs?! My husband goes to EVERY appt i have, he can intimidate the drs by just BEING there,this makes them more alert and attentive we've noticed! LOL Boy is Kathy right though, they act "God like" and dont you dare question them! BLAH BLAH BLAH is what is what i say to that! Talk to the hand mo fo!! Yo HAVE to be STRONG and ASSERTIVE. It might take you moving from dr to dr alot to get to the right one but you just dont back down! WOMAN POWER!!!! My husband says what i CANT say or what i FORGET to say so often. He jots notes (which usually makes them watch their Ps and Qs LOL) while we talk to the dr, we take a printout to EVERY dr of EVERY symptom i have or have EVER had during this whole time of me being ill. You just HAVE TO PUSH PUSH PUSH!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! You CAN WIN this battle!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrightrs View Post
    Like most people with Lupus, I have a lot of doctors. When I tell one doctor about a problem I have. They always tell me to tell another doctor. Then when I tell the other doctor. They tell me to tell another doctor. It's a big run around and nothing gets done. I was wondering about how any of you handle this!!!
    I am sorry that you do not have a good doctor who listens i feel fortunte to have one who even calls me back on my cell phone when i call with something. Bonita

Thanks

HOORAY BONITA!!!! Thats HARD to find in a doctor!! Im REALLY HAPPY for you, that makes a BIG difference in your care! You have one of those RARE ones!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks so much Jeannette that's a big help!!! I will find someone to go with me. My husband usually can't go, because of work. One of my Doctors won't let you bring somebody in with you. I tried there one time. And I do need to keep a list of my symptoms also!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

if you encounter a dr. that will not allow someone to take notes for you, then you need to change drs. and explain why. I have never heard of such nonsense....i tink he should be reported to the medical board,,,,what the hell is he doing that no one can witness.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Phyllis, Some of my doctors. I would consider changing. But that doctor, I wouldn't I've been going to him for years. He's my PC. Most of my family goes to him. Although he doesn't get Lupus at all. He complaints about his lupus patients in general to me. He Says all of his lupus patients does this, always come in with a list of things wrong with them, but you can't find what it is. He also didn't like it when I got my diagnosis, Because another doctor found it. He was like well I checked all that and nothing showed up. He didn't send me to the rheumy another doctor did. I'm sure that frustrated him. But he's the only doctor I feel like I can talk to. He feels like part of the family. I know it sounds crazy to keep him.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

OH MY DO I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH . You would not believe the things they put me through. I so understand you.

Oh and Bonita......please give my number to your doctor

love
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Kathy, Angel, Bonita, And I might need that number too!!!