Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupus = busy college life's worst enemy

Thanks

Default yep...

My name is amy. I am 19 years old currently. I was diagnosed when i was 12. I also became very depressed. Then about a year ago my mom thought that i was just being irresponsible, but i was forgetting stuff and losing stuff so easily. I lost everything from my purse, to a memory card, to important paper work... it was getting crazy.. I cope with that now, i just make lists for everythin. I recently took a year off of college. I just felt drained then because i was sooo tired i felt like i was just being lazy and that depressed me. so yea it interupts life pretty well...
    Last edited by Lee_amyj; 06-27-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks

Hi Kirsten( I love that name),

I am far, far, far beyond college, I am 53. But I am working a very physical job and do what I can and come home after work and collapse into my chair, barely able to move. On my days off, I can't go anywhere, I have to recharge my batteries for work. We have been planing to go to Niagara Falls for 6 weeks now, but I don't feel well enough to go, it is only an 1.5 hour drive from my house.There is alot of walking to be done and I just can not do it. What I am trying to say is, I don't have a life besides work anymore. I had surgery in Feb. and was on sick leave for 3 months and I felt so much better, when I didn't work. I feel very bad for you, because you are so young and you want to have a normal life and do what college kids do. I know it bothers you much more than it does me, not to be able to do certain things. I hope you find the strengh you need, to deal with this illness.

Debbie