So I'm probably a little old for this forum, but I'm posting anyway!

I'm currently a sophomore in college. I was diagnosed with Lupus the first day of my freshman year at a university a few hours from home. Safe to say my freshman year was traumatic and pretty horrible!

However, sophomore year turned everything around and I am currently extremely involved, active, excelling in classes, interning and loving life! However, my lifestyle allows for about 5 hours of sleep a night and limited dedication to taking care of myself. I know it's horrible, but I have such a hard time limiting myself due to my disease. It's not fair that everyone else gets to have a phenomenal college experience and I may not.

My health is suffering though. I'm constantly ill (usually with a sinus infection and joint and stomach issues and of course the zombie-esque fatigue) but I can't figure out how to balance being a successful and happy college student and being someone afflicted with Lupus. Very few of my friends and professors know about my Lupus (I like it that way,) so when things are tough and stressful, I somehow find a way to pull through and most times pay the price with my health.

I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and had any advice concerning balance. I've always been a go getter who loves to be busy, but it's getting tougher and tougher and I worry that at some point I'll not be able to do the things I love and be fulfilled.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated!

<3 kirsten.