Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lupus and Stomach issues

Thanks

Default Lupus and Stomach issues

How many have had stomach issues proir to lupus diagnosis?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes me! When im on the steriods it feels my insides are expanding, like im going to pop. Its so tender and i look 9 months pregnant. I am on Lansoprazole which has helped with the reflux and stuff, but its still a bit dodgy.

Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ssingh,

my stomach issues come and go, and the pain moves around. Sometimes my upper GI get really bloated and i feel a lot of discomfort. Sometimes it is my pelvic area that is painful, and sometimes the kidney area....it just attacks what it wants to and when it wants to.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I had symptoms of gastroparesis beginning 3 years and 3 weeks prior to being diagnosed with SLE and Sjogren's 12/08

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hi, i also have stomach issue lately i been getting the diarrhea everytime after i take the planquenil i get this been pain and i feel like i'm ging to vomited and i do and then my stomach hurt like someone got all my intenstion and squeeze them all together it such a bad pain . i'm so sick of let the doctor know becuase everytime she the does alot of testing .

maria

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Prior to being diagnosised i have barrot's esophagas because of gerd and take previcid 30 mg twice a day so i really have a lot of problems with every medicine that i take and all the new ones introduced. If i am put on methotrexate the next time he will probably give me it by injection. I have more of a problem with constipation than loose bowles. Bonita

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I had stomach problems before Lupus, and still do, including yesterday. Blah! I get a terrible burning in my stomach and the runs. It's a painfully miserable experience. I take something called Prevacid, and usually it works, but not always. It doesn't really seem to be caused by any certain thing I eat. It happens with bland food, spicy food, etc. Weird stuff.

Rob

Thanks

Yep, I had stomach issues way before lupus & Sjogrens, and I still do too. I was diagnosed with gallstones when I was just 13. Didn't have my gallbladder removed until I was 36 though. (I really do anything I can do avoid surgery!!) I've had ulcers, and one doctor claimed it was 'nervous stomach' when I was in high school. Yeah. Right. These days I still have a lot of trouble with acid reflux, nausea, and stomach pain. The rheumatologist just said last week that because my liver enzymes are still high, and considering the symptoms I've been having, she thinks I have a gallstone stuck in the duct, but I'm not doing anything about it for now except I modified my diet some more. Gave up orange juice and tomato products (and I MISS my V8 with breakfast!) And I'm on both Aciphex and Zantac daily. I have trouble with constipation too, but I think that's more related to the celiac than anything else. Same with the bloating I get often.

Rob, I was on Prevacid for a long time, about 5 years, then it stopped working. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. Might be worth checking with your doctor to see if you can switch to a different medication and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

The reason I stated this post because prior to my lupus diagnosis I have non specific stomach issues for years before lupus raised it ugly head. I have done some reading on it. 70% of our immune system in our GUT. so not paying too much attention to the stomach issues could trigger lupus. It does not take much to trigger a gene. just need right combination and stress or such.. even people with IBS have more immune related issues than others.

Thanks

6 years ago I was dx'd with Crohn's another auto immune disease that attacks the digestive track. I have had several oppinions state I do or I don't have Crohn's but now they think it is Lupus. I get sever "D" (diarreiah 20-30 stools a day) while on Plaquanil I got the H.Plory bacteria over growth and bile build up in my stomach which caused sores and ulcers. I now have to stay on the BRAT diet and Nexium for 4 more weeks in hopes my stomach will heal.

RedHairAngel
    AKA Debbi