Thread: swelling in legs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default swelling in legs

Has anyone had swelling in their hands and legs. my dr just added an additional water pill with my blood pressure pill, but yesterday i swelled up so bad that my legs now have red rash like splotches half way up my shins and calves. I don't know if this would be considered a rash since it is under the skin. I have never experience anything like this and i am wondering if anyone else has had this and is it a symptom with lupus?

Thanks

Hi Teri!!! YES! I have that problem alot! As a matter of fact, i am swollen right now. My hands, feet and ankels swell really bad at times. I've had to losen up my tennies in the lace area cuz it was squeezing me! UGH I also get a rash on my shins, mine can be really itchy at times. My fingers can be so swollen that to bend them hurts and i cant close my hands all the way. My right ankel seems to be worse than my left ankel when they swell. I have to elevate it to get some relief. It's no fun thats for sure,but what symptoms are, right?
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hi Teri-

I have had swelling in my legs (mostly my left one) for the past couple of years. I have been complaining about it to no avail.... it causes alot of pain also. No rash though. Surprisingly, my rheumy just put me on a medrol pack and within a day, the swelling went down.

Good luck. I hope it calms down soon.
    be well-
    Tracy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

After my rheumy gave me a Medrol injection, i was amazed at how much smaller my wrists and ankles were. They had been swollen for so long, I did not even realize it anymore....i just thought that was normal.
    Phyllis

share a smile today