Thread: mouth sores

Thanks

Default mouth sores

I only found them because I was flossing, there was no pain. 2-3 sores about the size of a pencil eraser on the inside of my cheek. They looked almost black. Is this anything? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi tonyk

your sores sound like typical lupus and/or sjorgen sores. they are painless (usually) and kind of like a piece of loose skin.

i have not found anything that can be done, but there is a medicated mouth wash that will numb them.

sorry, but "it is probably your lupus"
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hello tonyk...

There have been quite a few informational threads on this site about the mouth sores that those of us with Lupus get. Unfortunately, they're something most all of us have had to deal with at one time or another. Be thankful your's aren't the extremely painful ones.

If you'd like to read more information about them, I'd suggest doing a 'Search' on mouth sores.

I don't remember welcoming you when you first arrived here...so let me take the time to say hello and welcome! Glad you've joined us to learn and share.

Lori

Thanks

My rheumy said warm salt water rinses 3-4x per day to get rid of them. It actually does help. Everyone is different though.

Take care,

Faith