Thread: Hematology question

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hematology question

Got a letter from VA today with an appointment with the hematology on the 16th.

I did a google search but the information is way over my head. Can anyone tell me what a hematology does and why you need one with Lupus.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

ERm.....Hi David, isnt it to look at blood work and stuff? Just guessing here.Let me google it and see what you saw. Hope you are keeping ok and Lisa too and you've been on Miss Froggy.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Amanda,
    That's what I thought it was about blood. I've had so many blood test since February I don't think I have much left. Guess one more wont hurt.

Lisa is doing good. Thanks for asking. Haven't been out for a few weeks. Weather has not be good blowing over 30kts everyday.

David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi David,

Wow, thats strong winds.

Yes i think that department look deep into your blood, you know the platelets and clotting and stuff.Theyre better than a nurse who just takes it out.They can find out exactly everything about you and any ailments. Try not to worry about it. Just go along and they can then help you with better meds and stuff.
    You keep resting and hope the weather gets better so you and Lisa can go on the water again and chill out.

Gentle hugs
    Angel.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Better meds. They haven't put me on any meds yet. They just keep taking blood. Bunch a vampires. At least they are trying to figure what is going on. At least I have the jungle rot under control. Haven't had any night sweats lately just headaches and being tired in the evenings.

Just wish I could get all the appointments on the same day. I'm more stressed about buying the gas to get there than what is wrong with me.

I heard you had a wonderful holiday. I'm so happy for you.

David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Ah David,

I think then thats why you are going to see them. They will do a thorough check on your blood and find out once n for all whats ailing you....besides the Lupus. Then when they know for sure, i bet they'll give you that wonder drug and you'll be doing those back flips again.....ok maybe not....just a nice pain free walk, headache free....or less frequent.Who knows....just wait n see.Its a good appointment...to find out if anything else is up with you....or not!
    Yes, i know it must cost a fortune.But its not gonna be forever.Just until they check you out properly to then sort out good medicine regime, so you can live more comfortably.
    Yes, i rested most of the time, but did go out a few times.Was nice to be where there is plently of hills and nice people.Thanks David.

love
    Amanda.xxx