Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member

Thanks

Default new member

Hi everyone,

I joined a few days ago but I've checked out the forum periodically for a year or so. I'm 27 and have been diagnosed with lupus for about 7 years. My symptoms have been mainly neurological (neuropathy) and circulatory but I'm having increasing problems with fatigue and severe headaches. Lots of meds but my partner and puppy keep me going and usually happy I'm in my 5th year in a MA/PhD program at a southern California UC. I got the MA and I'm slowly...crawling...toward... my PhD. haha. Grad school is hard but, like most things, much harder with lupus! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow a phd hey.Goodluck!! Welcome to the forum and hope to catch up with you soon.

Gentle hugs
    love
    Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to our family! Are you at USC? My hubby is a genuine USC fan because he has two cousins who played football there! Great school!
    Congrats on your MA and I wish you the best on completing you PhD!!

Many of us are too familiar with the debilitating fatigue and the constant headaches (also known as Lupus headaches). These usually do not respond to regular migraine medication, but do respond to treatment of the underlying disease (Lupus). Also, avoiding the sun helps to lessen the occurrences of the headaches. Eliminating stress in your life also helps.

We are here to help you navigate this illness as much as we can. I am glad that you decided to join us and I know you will make friends here. The people here are from all over the globe and they are all kind, caring, understanding, and informative!

Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile congrats

Hey, im glad you finally decided to join. This is a great site b/c everyone here knows how you feel and we support and love each other on the good days and bad days. Its good to here your accomplishments, I to am in school full time getting my b.s. While working full time, so I have extreme fatigue quite often. Some days are better than the others but remember. We may not be physically strong but our mentality out weighs it all. Try to take a nap through out the day to help w/ the headaches also. I know when I was on the pill I was nausea and had a headache atleat 3 times a week but when I ran out and didn't refill they went away to maybe 1 time a week if that..... I wish you the best and we are here for ya!!!!
    "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Thanks

Just wanted to say Hello and Welcome..... Glad you found us.

You've come to a great place for support and understanding. You can always find someone here to answer your questions and encourage you along the way.

Way to go on all your hard work at school....What an accomplishment to celebrate when you're all through.

And three cheers for supportive partners and puppies!

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi emilbear,

as you already know, this is a group of caring and knowledgeable people from all around the globe.

i am so sorry that you have to take on this disease at the same time that you are working so hard for a post-graduate degree. what is your doctorate in.

our member, tasha, is also working on a post-graduate degree, and you two can exchange notes on how you accomplish such high goals.

again, welcome, glad you joined.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I just wanted to say hello and Welcome...I am having much cns as of now...neuropothy pain is awful...I am glad you decided to join.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi emilbear! like phyllis said, i'm also a grad student dealing with lupus! which UC do you attend? UCI? UCLA? UCSD? and what are you getting your PhD in? i'm working on my MA in clinical psychology at Pepperdine (the grad campus in Irvine).

i tell ya, it's really hard to write those long papers when you're super tired and not feeling well! but somehow i figure out a way, as i'm sure you do as well.

welcome to the forums! there are so many wonderful members here with a wealth of info and support. i'm glad you joined!
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

Wanted to WELCOME YOU Emilbear!!!! Cute name too! I love it! Glad you found us! This is a GREATpick-me-up site! The people here are GREAT and very supportive and knowledgeable!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! i guess i'm technically on the central coast as i'm in a grad program at uc-santa barbara. i'm working on a rather unmarketable degree since i'm in the humanities/social sciences-- i want to teach when i'm done and there are only a handful of jobs a year in my specialty. so i might as well take my time! but there are definitely worse places to spend a decade in grad school (other than the sun, which is brutal here).

i look forward to getting to know you all!