Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh what a bit of fresh air can do !!Im back.xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Oh what a bit of fresh air can do !!Im back.xx

Hi everyone,

Hello to all the newcomers too. Oh i had a lovely time away. Just to get outside is good medicine! It was sunny except for the last day, it was lovely. I tried to forget everything! I did cry a couple of times thinking of Daisy, but i suppose it will take time.
    One afternoon i was sleeping on the bed. Jack, the dog, came over to wake me.He was sniffing my face a licking.Little did he know at that same time, the lion in my dream was trying to bite my face.Oh how loud did i scream Poor Jack ran away shaking as i frightened him and John jumped so high. It took a few seconds for me to speak a human language and actually wake up from the Lion! So funny, but not.I had to cuddle Jack.
    I met up with some FB friends and we had a meal which was lovely. We went shopping a few times....perfume, chocolate n jewelery!
    We walked to the nearby pond and fed the ducks. Jack wanted those ducks so bad lol.
    I had a few panic attacks,but i dealt with them. It was nice just to forget my life and get away! John made me breakfast in bed every morning, oh so nice too!
    I thought of you all often....still saying 'theres no place like home'' thats Lori's fault lol
    I feel a little more refueled in the head now. I rested allot whilst away, yet still awake till 3am or 4.So annoying! But i did enjoy myself.
    I hope every one of you are ok and im sending you gentle hugs. Ive added some scary photos of me.I realise now i took none of the lovely views lol. Never mind....me with a pint in my hand instead
    I bought Jess a plastic rubber chicken.Can you believe in 5 minutes she had eaten 2 feet off.So we threw it away.How sore will her butt be when she passes those
    Thanks for the lovely messages and advice and help, its really appreciated. Ive looked at allot of the photos.....fab!!!!
    Ive missed you all.
    lots of love
    Angel.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Smile

Glad your back.........

And we welcome you with open arms. Thanks for telling us all about your lovely holiday.

Fresh air, seeing new sights, meeting new friends, all help a bit to clear our head and help us gain some new perspective.

I'm glad you had the chance to get away for some fun.

Extra Big Hugs just for you........

Lori

p.s. Did Jess miss you?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks Lori

Yes she did, she was jumping so high she nearly reached my eyes with her tongue out Did feel it though...no Daisy...my heart felt like it was stinging with pain of her not there. Jess has been a blessing and has kept us very busy.But she's worrying us now with the cats.She attacked my cat today.She is not a vicious dog at all, just wanting my attention for her only.She see's the cats as a threat to her attention that she could be getting.Such a shame.But she's had a terrible life, so i understand her.But ,at the end of the day the cats come first.My cat is starting to go bald.The stress Jess puts him under.She chased him and just saw red....she couldnt hear me and was so fast.She flipped him.It was the first ever time ive seen my cat afraid and in distress.I felt bad cause i shouted really loud as she was so focussed on eliminating 'the threat'....it's actually getting very stressful for us now. We have to make sure the cats are never in the same 'space' as Jess as the attacks are now getting very unfriendly. We understood she was very damaged,but she was'nt this bad at first.She didnt give chase. Now, its getting serious.She so desperately wants love....and whoever is giving that love....she doesnt want to share us with no fury cats. Mam at first was making out that i was overreacting.She said it again tonight. I made it clear...Jess really hurt Oliver and if she catches Soosie who is 16 she will have no chance as Soosie is very tiny. You can actually now hear Jess's teeth knocking together as she attacks.
    I think she needs a home with a couple who have NO children and NO other pets.She needs 100% attention.We have done a good job with her, but we are not trainers and can not change her ways.She has had nearly a month with us.Filled with fun, baths, food and so much love.It'll be so heart renching to say goodbye, but i know she'll have a wonderful life after here. Mam keeps changing her mind though and it makes me feel guilty. My cat is my baby and Soosie is too....so im in their corner, even though Jess is so lovely on her own.
    Anyway....gone on a bit here lol .

Angel.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like a case for the "Dog Whisperer"......I am always amazed at how that guy can make a complete change in a dog's behavior in a matter of days.

I understand what you mean about having to eliminate the stress in your other pet's life. I've had the same situation with a new dog that kept attacking our long time family dog. He was so stressed that he couldn't walk. I took him to the vet who said that, physically, he was fine. He asked if anything had changed in his environment and I told him about the new dog. He flat out said, "you have to get rid of the new dog or this one will die!" That dog went back to the previous owner that day!

I hope that everything works out for you and for Jess.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow Saysusie,

Yes it was the only way forward for your dog....good move. Today I WAS THE DOG WHISPERER''. I put Jess on a leash in the garden as i knew Oliver the cat was sleeping. I kept walking past Oliver, stopping right in front of him and saying ''stay'' to Jess.She did so well.Even got her right in front of Oliver, on a tight leash, and she was really good. Spent an hour doing it.She now understands the word 'no and stay'.UNTIL you take the lead off.I know she does'nt mean it, its just the dog instincts kicking in.

Yes, i bet your dog would have died you know. So much stress for them t deal with, bringing another into the home.The dynamics are just not right. This is something, whilst grieving we never actually took into account. The cats are deffinately not the same babies we know.They hide and cower when they see Jess. Oliver is loosing his lovely coat, near his shoulders.Soosie only comes out at night, she well hid, but comfortable under my bed, in her own tent, with her own food.Its dark, so she loves it.

Sad thing is we really like Jess and are attached already.So need to backtrack the emotions, as she goes in 2 weeks. We 've given her a good start, but its so draining, we feel like we have a pack of dogs not a small tiny poodle,she s a hand full. Yet adorable on her own. Shame.

Thanks for your comments. Is your dog ok now, once you got rid of the other one.Back to old self? Hope so.

Love
    Angel.xxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi angel,

sounds like you made some progress with Jesse. You are right, you did practice the "dog whisperer" technique today....can you get that show on your television? i have learned a lot by watching him.

Jesse is very fortunate that you and your mam took her in, but, at the same time, you know that you can't risk Oliver and Soosie's health. You are doing an excellent job of handling a difficult situation.....remember this next time when you go to the dr.....if you can handle the dog/cat situation, then you can handle a simpleminded doctor, and that's a fact.

happy easter my friend,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i watch it, i think that man is so good how he makes everything easy. I feel guilt if i shout at Jess as i know it's not her fault, but when she has a cat in her mouth theres no other option

Yes she enjoyed today. Tonight she cuddled up to me and fell asleep.Shes so cute on her own. Part of me is going to have difficulty letting her go. I will worry what is she thinking,does she know we care even though we will be parted? Will she be loved and cared for. Wish i would have thought of all this before. We thought it'd be a couple of weeks.Due to the courts its been longer, so you get attached. Then i remember Oliver n Soosie.....so difficult to get my emotins in order. So today, Daisy been on my mind. Life is so very different when a good loving and funny companion has to leave. Im glad she's out of pain and all that....but you just wish in your head, that she could have stayed a bit longer. Sorry i keep going on about her, just this is the only place i have to get it out of my head....so thanks for reading this.

love
    Angel.xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

angel,

you know that apologies are not necessary here. This is what we do, we help each other. You cry, this is ok, but you make sure that you also smile when you remember her, because she does not want you to still be sad.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Angel...you take as long as you need to share your feelings. Only those of us that truly love animals can understand your pain.

When you have a relationship for that long with a pet that you have let close to your heart, there is no getting over it easy, or quickly. It is true grief and it hurts so much.

You tell us about your dreams of Daisy or the funny stories that you remember, or just tell us you feel like crying. We'll not ask you to stop, ever.

Hugs,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thanks Lori. Daisy was funny and just wish she was here so i can share on her daily routine and stuff like you are doing now. Only instead its on what she used to do. I will get better at this, like you say 'time'.xxxx