Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle Changes

Thanks

Default Lifestyle Changes

hi! I am new at the board. Last year I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition, possibly lupus. I do suffer from chronic fatigue, sensitivity to sun, and joint pain. I was wondering what changes have been made by members of this group in their lifestyle to improve symptoms.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi new to this also. But Known about my Lupus for several years. Things I tried to do is. Tried to get plenty of rest, naps, reduce stress, eat right, exercise but do the type of exercise you can do. sunscreen I use 50. And learn to tell people no when you don't feel like doing something.

I not saying that's what I always do but that's my Goal.

It's also nice to meet you!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mlu,

wrightrs told you the changes that are necessary when living with lupus. avoiding sun, getting rest, and reducing stress help with the symptoms, but meds may be necessary for relief from pain etc.

many of us have had to change jobs, or go on disability. there are a lot of adjustments made, and we will probably have to make more throughout our lives.

there is a thread titled "what did you used to do" and several members explained our lives before and after lupus.

welcome to our group, i am glad you found us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for your answers. I am very glad that I found this forum. It is difficult for people that do not have a chronic illness to understand what we go through.
    thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mlu,

make yourself at home, browse the different threads, and join in anytime....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Mountaindreamer,
    How can I find that thread you mentioned? I would be very interested in reading it.
    thanks!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Here is the link to the thread that Mountaindreamer spoke about.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?t=5614

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

Hello mlu.....

I just wanted to welcome you as well. I'm glad you decided to join us and jump in with both feet.

There are plenty of people here that are understanding, compassionate, and very helpful, especially to the newbies. There's always someone around to answer your questions and let you know you're are not alone in everything you go through with this illness.

I'll go ahead an answer your question....I think Mountaindreamer is playing in the arcade...

The post she mentioned is found in the forum 'Lauri's Lounge' and it's titled:

What Do/Did you do before you had Lupus.

Again, welcome and let us know if you still can't find it. There's quite a lot of stuff to navigate around this site. We're happy to help out.

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i make sure to exercise daily and eat a healthy, well-balanced diet without too many carbs (i try to only eat carbs in the morning and then refrain from them the rest of the day). i also try to watch my sodium intake.

i also get regular massages, which helps SO much with joint pain, headaches, and stress. i get about 2 full body hour sessions per month.

another thing i did was cut back on my work hours to reduce stress. stress is a huge issue for me as a grad student.
    23 year old clinical psychology grad student with lupus (SLE) and nephritis
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Lisinopril, Lipitor, OsCal+D

Thanks

Welcome Mlu! You received EXCELLENT advice from some of the wonderful peopl you will meet on this forum!!! Its summed up quite nicely and i would just be repeating them but i did want to say that im glad you're here and that you found us!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette