Thread: Knot-like pain in my leg

Thanks

Default Knot-like pain in my leg

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this, and if it could be lupus or something else. For the last month or so, I've had a constant pain in the muscles of my leg, the back of my left thigh. It feels like a knot in the muscle that I can't work out. It's at the point now that walking or even standing for a long time is hard. The rheumy sent me for a doppler something to see if I had a blod clot today, and the technician said it was negative, no clot. Whew! But now what? Is this lupus?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had a leg pain for a long time. And they can't figure it out. I also get a red band around both of my legs and swelling.

Sometimes Blood clots don't always show up on the ultrasound (Doppler). Once they had me get three, at 3 different places. Two of them didn't show anything. The 3rd one they could barely see something. And the sound of the blood flow wasn't right. So next I had to go to the hospital and have a Venogram (i guess i spelled that right) But my the time I got that the blood clot was gone. But they said they could see where I did have one. My doctor was determined to find out what was wrong. Now he's very careful about what meds I take because of clotting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi brandichi,

i don't know if it is lupus or not.....but based on my experience, there is a very good chance that it is. i had localized pain accross the top of my thighs, it felt like heavy weight was laying accross my legs. hurt and was annoying for a long time, then it was gone just as quick as it came on....i wrote it off to lupus,

i find it interesting that wrightrs got different results at different labs....just like with the blood work.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. It really is interesting how different labs show different results. And so frustrating!! Wrightrs, how did you convince them to do another doppler when the first one was negative? Did your doctor order it or did you ask? I still don't know what this is, although I'm thinking that since I've had this for over a month already and nothing has happened except pain (no swelling, no redness), it's not a blood clot. Does this sound logical?

Thanks

IDK, but seems like maybe it can still be a clot but sounds unlikely, many clots are asymptomatic actually and people may never know they had them. Interesting that many are not picked up by doppler, I wonder what the percentage is.
    Krissy in New Hampshire

DX: Antiphospholipid syndrome, Raynauds, Lyme disease, and lupus "suspect"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have had leg and toe cramps for some time anf they really hurt and make your leg sore the next day. But i also have degenerative spine diease but the rhuematologist did suggest it is probably the lupus or my myositis. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi bonita,

i have seen myositis mentioned several times...can you explain what this is?

thanks
    Phyllis

share a smile today